The H.J. McFarland Home is non-profit long-term care facility located on the outskirts of Picton, Ontario in beautiful Prince Edward County. Our philosophy of care is one that recognizes the individuality of each resident and where all staff, family members and community partners are valued and respected for their contributions to resident care.
Our Human Resources Department is currently accepting applications for the temporary part-time position of Dietary Aide. Reporting to the Nutritional Supervisor, this position is responsible for a variety of routine duties related to food preparation, service, dishwashing, sanitation and safety to ensure continuous Resident satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of Grade 12 diploma or equivalent with a Food Handler’s Certificate and completion or enrolment in a Food Service Worker Program
- Knowledge related to food safety, sanitation and nutrition
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Capable of working within legislated standards and guidelines
- Ability to exercise respect, tact, diplomacy and good judgement in all matters relating to Resident care
- Knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Proof of satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening check
The current hourly rate of pay for this position is $21.16 to $22.08 per hour plus 14% in lieu of benefits and 4% in lieu of vacation as per the Unifor Local 8300 Collective Agreement. Please submit your application prior to 4:00pm on March 5, 2021.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1042.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.
Reference ID: 2021-12
Application deadline: 2021-03-05
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $21.16-$22.08 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- dietary aide: 1 year (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place