About Brenntag Canada
Brenntag Canada is a subsidiary of Brenntag, the global market leader in full-line chemical distribution headquartered in Essen, Germany. We are a leading distributor of specialty and commodity chemicals to major Canadian resource and manufacturing industries. With more than 100 years of history and experience, our commitment to safety, quality, service, and responsible distribution is unparalleled within our industry. We are determined to be the most effective industry channel for our customers and suppliers.
What We Offer You
As part of our ‘2020 Vision’, we will continuously strive to provide a working environment where the best people want to work. We value safety, leadership, employee involvement, entrepreneurial thinking, and innovative ideas. We offer our employees:
- A safe, friendly and supportive team environment
- Competitive base salary
- Full Benefits including medical, vision, dental and life & disability insurance
- Pension package with a company match
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Physical Wellness Subsidy
- A commitment to career development and advancement opportunities
About the Position
Purpose of Position:
To accurately receive and process on a timely basis sales orders from customers by
telephone, email and/or fax. To handle and assist Customer-based inquiries. To ensure customer satisfaction with Brenntag Lubricants Division.
- Ensures safety is the first priority and that all activities are conducted in accordance with quality, health, safety, and environmental management systems as well as corporate and local policies.
- Performs the role in a manner that is reflective of Brenntag’s Core Values, within regulatory requirements and company policies, programs, and expectations;
- Receive and process sales orders from customers by telephone, email and/or fax.
- Liaise with others from within the team to ensure customer expectations are met (eliminate errors and provide customer satisfaction, enter price sheets, fax customer’s prices, credits/rebills).
- Answer customer enquiries and provide accurate requested information.
- Participate in the Outbound Call program and make outbound sales calls based on pre-determined criteria.
- Accurately manages customer orders utilizing the organization's internal systems and customer purchase orders;
- Continuously evaluates and identifies opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer experience (i.e. upselling activities and promotion of specialized services);
- Works closely with the Sales Team to build relationships with customers;
- Identifies additional customer needs and potential opportunities through effective information gathering techniques and communicates these findings to appropriate internal parties;
- Responds to customer complaints by providing appropriate solutions and alternatives in a timely manner and follows up to ensure satisfactory resolution;
- Understands the resources within the business to be an effective problem solver;
- Maintains a broad knowledge of product availability (i.e. packaging, lead times, inventory) and requests stock transfers and order shipments when required;
- Account set-ups and maintenance
- Completes administrative tasks and special projects as assigned by the Customer Service Manager.
- Post-Secondary Education; College Diploma in Business or equivalent would be preferred
- Previous experience in customer service and/or business administration role (1-3 years)
- Sound skills in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Previous experience/exposure with ERP systems, preferably SAP, would be considered an asset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our organization and meet the specified qualifications, please submit your resume with the subject line: [Customer Service Representative, Grande Prairie].
Brenntag Canada Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Applications from all diverse groups are welcomed and encouraged. Every person has a right to equal treatment with respect to employment free from discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to protected grounds under the Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in relation to the materials or processes we use in the recruitment process. Successful candidates will be required to submit a Criminal Background Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be contacting candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls, please
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- call center: 2 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- SAP: 1 year (Preferred)