Champion Express Ltd is a third-party logistics provider. We are a growing, tech forward company. We are proud to have almost doubled our size in the past two years.
Champion is a proud part of the Kriska Transportation Group. A widely respected organization and one of the largest trucking companies in Canada.
Our customers and our carriers are core to our business. As a Logistics Coordinator and part of our Operations team, you will play an integral role in matching customer needs and carrier competencies.
In this role you will:
- Source carriers and negotiate freight rates
- Coordinate Cross-Border freight movements with carriers, shippers, and receivers
- Track/Trace shipments
Specific Job Functions
- Responsible for the dispatch of domestic and cross border shipments, FTL and LTL
- Prompt reaction and proper coverage of loads
- Ensure that TMS software is updated
- Answer Customer inquiries and phone calls with a high level of service.
- Responsible for learning all dispatch functions to provide support to your team
- Strong Attention to Detail, and Customer focus
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent Organizational and Time Management Skills
- Dependable, self starter able to work independently and make decisions once trained and confident.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Willingness to Learn.
- Superior data entry and spreadsheet management.
- An ideal candidate would have experience with North American road/intermodal freight
- This is a hybrid work from home/in office position. In Office would be required 1-2 days per week. Our intention is to continue this arrangement as long as it is beneficial to the performance of our company and employees.
- Typical hours are 8AM to 5 PM. Some flexibility is expected when operational needs dictate and will be reciprocated. Rotating coverage for statutory holidays is also required, compensated with pay or time off.
- An on-call phone rotates weekly within Operations. This should never require more than 2 hours per week of your time, usually 30 mins.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $42,500.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Weekly on site rapid anti-gen testing is mandatory.
You will be asked to disclose vaccination status.
Champion and it's employees are compliant with public health directives including masking and social distancing.
- What is your current or planned COVID-19 vaccination status?
- North American freight: 1 year (required)
- logistics brokerage: 1 year (preferred)