- A BA or BS in Business, Economics, Operations, Finance, or another relevant discipline.
- 3+ years of wage and hour audit experience throughout multiple states in the US
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong excel and reporting skills
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to dive deep into details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English
- Analytical decision making with a demonstrated ability to drive issues to completion
Amazon’s Transportation Risk & Compliance team identifies, audits and mitigates risk in a rapidly growing and complex, global environment. To support the business, our primary mission is to perform independent and objective, risk-based assessments of Amazon business partners’ activities and related controls with the goal of improving operations, compliance, risk management and overall success of the program.
Additionally, this role will work closely with Amazon Logistics and Transportation businesses, Field Auditors, Compliance, Legal, Finance, and HR teams to implement world-class customer-centric compliance & risk management tools and processes.
If you are motivated to dive into the detail and take ownership, we have the career you’re looking for!
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with strong industry experience in wage and hour compliance and audit throughout Canada. This position will require high level strategic thinking to deep-dive analytical problem solving.You are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and enjoy working on different problems every day. Must be flexible to work occasionally on weekends and/or evenings.
- Operations, Payroll and/or audit experience
- Big 4 accounting firm experience is a plus
- Experience in the transportation industry
- Knowledge of wage laws and regulations governing the United States; California and Canada specifically is a plus
- Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematic and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment.
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the utilization of complex databases.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.