Reporting to the Program Manager, Regulatory Compliance is responsible for maintaining and administering environmental compliance data related to energy, water and wastewater; improving data quality and administering applicable databases and applications; analyzing data and creating reports and dashboards for management and operations groups; providing technical advice to stakeholders; coordinating financial and procurement activities related to environmental compliance data and data management processes.
- Maintains energy and utility monitoring programs including verification for all Regional energy accounts.
- Designs, implements and carries out data quality assurance and quality control programs for environmental compliance database and associated applications.
- Maintains the integrity of data in corporate environmental compliance databases and associated applications.
- Coordinates data and reports related to the Region’s compliance with legislative and regulatory reporting requirements for energy, water and wastewater, including applicable Acts such as the Electricity Act, Safe Drinking Water Act and Environmental Protection Act.
- Drafts reports, gathers background information, statistics and data and validates data for accuracy and consistency.
- Works with technical specialists to develop reports and/or dashboards to report energy and environmental compliance Key Performance Indicators in collaborations with internal stakeholders.
- Coordination functions related to data management and improvement initiatives.
- Participates in the consultant selection process, drafting and reviewing the terms of reference, evaluating submissions, conducting interviews and selecting consultants.
- Liaises with internal department and cross-corporation staff providing and presenting data and reports for programs as required.
- Provides support to internal staff related to business application administration and data quality (i.e. data stewardship).
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Environmental Science, Information Technology or related discipline or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in environmental data management or related field, with responsibilities for program/service delivery analysis, performance measurement, data management, project management, and program implementation.
- Ability to perform data analysis and QA/QC techniques to identify emerging trends, data veracity issues and develop resolution strategies.
- Demonstrated report writing skills to coordinate and compile reports and data as well as proficiency in business intelligence software such as MS Power BI.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online by August 24, 2020. All job vacancies are recorded on a 24-Hour Career Line and may be accessed by calling 1-877-464-9675 ext. 75508.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.