Wales College Secondary School is looking for qualified and innovative teachers to join our team. With the ongoing classes rearrangement due to Covid-19, it is important for students to continue to build their skills and move forward with their education during these unprecedented times. Wales College is looking for teachers who are flexible and can manage the needs of students and the responsibilities of an online class to support students and their learning.
Current openings include:
English/Social Science Teaching Position for Online Courses Starting 2022 January
We have expectations of professional deportment as well as the implementation of planning, assessment, and evaluation practices in accordance with Ontario Ministry of education policies.
- Prepare lessons, plans, and course materials
- Prepare assessment and evaluation tasks/activities such as quizzes, assignments, and tests, and assess and evaluate student achievement of course expectations in accordance with Ministry of Education guidelines
- Create and submit reports of student attendance and academic achievement
- Provide meaningful feedback to students on the progress of their learning.
- Take initiative in designing new programs and methods to help better support students and the school.
Wales College is a private high school conveniently located on the border of Scarborough and Markham. We offer flexible scheduling options for both full-time and part-time teachers. We are seeking enthusiastic and professional educators to work in a dedicated and close-knit learning community. Both new and experienced teacher are encouraged to apply!
Part-time hours: 4 per week
Application deadline: 2021-12-14
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $22.00-$28.00 per hour
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- teaching: 1 year (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19