Fluid Hose & Coupling Inc., an industry leader in industrial, hydraulic hose & fittings has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Buyer. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager the responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Purchase daily commodities to meet daily procurement needs and make purchasing decisions based on demand.
· Collaborate with Customer Service, analyze purchase requisitions, review and issue purchase orders.
· Issue Quote Requests to suppliers and review and provide the most competitive bids to requestor.
· Resolve problems and discrepancies with delivery dates, quantity, and invoicing of purchased commodities.
· Follow up on Purchase Orders and Acknowledgements
· Track shipments, respond to expedite requests and provide delivery status to relevant parties
· Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal customers and key suppliers
· Participate in and support Continuous Improvement and LEAN initiatives
· Post-secondary degree or diploma in Supply Chain or related field of study, or relevant practical experience.
· Minimum 1 - 3 years experience in Purchasing, Material Control, or related fields.
· Manufacturing experience is an asset.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills.
· Strong analytical problem-solving ability.
· Practical experience working in ERP or other business planning systems.
· Proficiency in current office software (MS, Excel)
· Lean manufacturing experience/education an asset
The successful candidate should be a charismatic, self starter with initiative and the ability to learn quickly. If you have the required skills and are looking for an opportunity with a growing company please forward your resume in a word document.
Fluid Hose would like to thank all interested candidates however only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32,106.00-$49,905.00 per year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,242.00-$49,905.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
All applicable COVID-19 Federal & Provincial protocols are to be adhered to at all times
- Purchasing: 1 year (required)