The AZ Driver and Heavy Equipment Operator is a full-time position, responsible for the safe operation of company vehicles while moving materials within the confines of the company or customer’s property and over urban, interurban, and provincial roads. You work as part of a team but would routinely perform work independently and maintain a high level of accuracy and safety, while performing your duties.
- $25/hour to start
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Pension Supplement
The heavy vehicles include but are not limited to:
- dump truck
- flatbed truck
- tractor-trailer combinations
- flatbed trailer
- lowboy float
- lift truck
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
- Perform pre-trip, en-route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories as per the Highway Traffic Act
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements
- Oversee loading and unloading of cargo
- Operate heavy equipment such as backhoes, bulldozers, loaders and graders to excavate, move, load and grade earth, rock, gravel or other materials during construction and related activities
- Operate heavy equipment to move, load and unload cargo
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment and clean, lubricate and refill equipment.
- A Class A licence is with Air Brake endorsement (Z) and 5 years’ experience is required
- Must provide both Drivers Abstract & CVOR Abstract (Max 30 days old)
- Must be familiar with all aspects of loading flatbeds, both gooseneck trailers & highboys as far as load placement, proper marking for oversize loads & load securement.
- Must be able to carry out pre-trip inspections, including all pre-trip paperwork.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills allowing one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of safety standards of equipment
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps training certificate is required
- WHMIS training certificate is required
- Other skills such as forklift operation, dealing with loading & unloading of both company trailers & other deliveries for outside companies a definite asset.
- Lift Truck Operator Certificate and Telehandler Operator Certificate an asset
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 /hour
- heavy equipment operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)