Job title :
EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is looking for an experienced, highly efficient and self -directed permanent full time Administrative Assistant to join the Nursing Administration department at the East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook, B.C.
The Administrative Assistant works in a team environment to provide confidential administrative support functions to the Director for the department or program and other management staff as required. The Administrative Assistant serves as a vital linkage and communication source to keep the department or program informed and aligned to its priorities.
Some responsibilities include:
coordinating and organizing workflow; determining priorities; composing confidential correspondence for signature; designing and creating correspondence, documents, presentations, orientation packages, and spreadsheets (including data entry) for authorization by the management team; maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of all information which flows through, and is processed for management as it pertains to client care, operations, personnel, labour relations, finance, and public affairs; and supporting the Director in setting the positive, collaborative, efficient tone for the department or program.
An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a total compensation package! We have one of the best benefit package and pension plans in Canada.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of the Interior Health (IH) team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work while maintaining a balanced lifestyle. Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Come and join our team….Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Graduation from a recognized secretarial program.
- Three to five years of recent, related experience including experience working with various computer software programs.
- OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize workload and set priorities.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to type 50 wpm and set up letters, reports, etc. in a professional format.
- Knowledge of applicable computer hardware and software programs and ability to perform web-based searches.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.