The Oshawa Executive Airport (CYOO) is a certified airport, owned and operated by the City of Oshawa. Total Aviation & Airport Solutions is the management company for the Oshawa Airport and manages the airport on behalf of the City of Oshawa. We are looking for a full-time, mature, responsible individual to join our airport operations team.
The Airport Duty Manager position encompasses a variety of airport related inspections, maintenance and equipment operations. The Airport Duty Manager position will report to the Airport Operations Manager (OM) and their responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Completing Airfield Inspections in accordance with the airport Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Completing airfield bulk plant inspections.
- Undertaking airfield wildlife monitoring, response and prevention.
- Undertaking general repairs and maintenance to airfield lighting and signage.
- Undertaking truck fueling and defueling associated with the airfield bulk plant operation.
- Undertaking general repairs and preventative maintenance work on all airport surfaces.
- Responding to airport tenant, user and public inquiries.
- Operating a variety of unique heavy equipment to maintain the airport’s airside and public surfaces.
- Performing snow removal operations
- Conducting daily terminal janitorial cleaning.
- Carrying out other duties relative to this position as required.
- Must have a Ontario Driver’s License and reliable source of transportation;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot in a face paced environment,
- Excellent organizational skills and initiative;
A comprehensive training program will be provided.
- 3 days: 6:00am – 3:00pm, 3 days: 2:00pm – 11:00pm & 3 days off.
- Additional hours for winter operations: Day shift may change to 6:00am – 6:00pm, afternoon shift may change to 2:00pm – 2:00am or 6:00pm – 6:00am.
Interested candidates can submit a cover letter and résumé to the Airport Operations Manager, James Roffey. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please indicate in the subject line of your email “Airport Duty Manager (20-001)”.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Employee assistance programs
- On-site parking
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $22.00 /hour