To be considered for this position, you must apply at the link below:
Please apply under the posting: Support Worker - Foster Care Services - Steinbach Area
St.Amant is a non-profit organization, offering programs & services throughout Manitoba which support over 1600 children and adults with developmental disabilities and autism spectrum disorder (ASD), and their families. We are committed to delivering person and family-centered supports through individualized programs and services. St.Amant is guided by its core values of Collaboration, Hospitality, Excellence and Respect.
Visit St.Amant online at www.stamant.ca
** This is a casual position that will allow you to work in a variety of areas, throughout the Steinbach area, including the town of Niverville, St.Pierre, Kleefeld, Blumenort, Ste.Anne, and Sundown. The positions will primarily be evenings and weekends, with some days. This can be accommodated to your availability.**
Support Workers are responsible for the delivery of services and supports to people with developmental disabilities and/or autism within a community setting in the Steinbach area.
The Support Worker provides residential or support services which align with St.Amant's Mission & Values, provincial legislation and regulations. Support Workers ensure that services are provided in a way that:
- Optimizes dignity, self-determination and attainment of personal outcomes.
- Maximizes environmental and lifestyle choices desired by the individual.
- Incorporates high quality support and treatment.
- Supports education, training and work opportunities.
This position reports to the Foster Care Facilitator.
Hours are primarily evenings and weekends, with the possibility of some day shifts.
- Grade XII Diploma or GED
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s License in good standing
- Certification in CPR and Emergency First Aid
- Minimum of one year experience working with or providing services to people with disabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, energetic, self-directed and person focused
- Physical ability and emotional stability to support peoples’ physical needs and respond appropriately to challenging behavior
- Ability to function effectively as a team member and work collaboratively with peers, clinicians, professional staff and families
- Flexible schedule; must be able to coordinate shifts with foster families and supervisors.
- Bilingualism in French and English is an asset.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check, driver abstract, child abuse registry check and adult abuse registry
We thank all applicants, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
St.Amant welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Casual