- Program Development Consultant *
Experiential Education Program
Position: Contract, 6-12 months (initial)
The Armenian General Benevolent Union (AGBU), with the TUMO Center for Creative Technologies (TUMO), is seeking a highly motivated and experienced professional to work with staff from AGBU’s Alternative Education and TUMO’s Development departments to research and develop a creative, innovative afterschool or one-day program for children/teenagers, that provides an outstanding and unique educational experience integrating a custom blend of technology, design, cultural heritage and identity.
- Conceptualize an outside of the classroom program focusing on the educational experience consisting of the integration of technology, design and ethnic identity
- Identify learning spaces where students can gather weekly (e.g., schools, community centers, other)
- Help develop a supplemental online platform accessible by students who cannot physically attend due to geographic limitations
- Ensure program customization based on different community needs
- Ensure continuous sustainability of the novelty component
- Develop staff/volunteer training
- Involves travel
- Passion for educational technology, information systems, instructional design, pedagogical research, professional growth, and innovative curricular ideas
- Graduate degree in education, educational technology, instructional design, or curriculum development preferred; undergraduate degree with proven professional experience in related fields will be considered
- Knowledge of child, teen and young adult learning methodologies
- Solid understanding and operation of technology including software, web-based applications, various operating systems, computer gaming and tablets/mobile devices
- High comfort level with adopting emerging technologies
- Ability to adapt materials created for one format into another format
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to inspire visionary thinking and experience in connecting disparate initiatives together into a unified arc
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong leadership qualities, agility and experience managing dynamic teams (both volunteer and staff)
- Flexibility and professionalism to respond productively to unexpected occurrences
- Skill to work independently and to develop solutions in a timely and effective manner
- Commitment to self-motivation, adaptability, process orientation and ownership/accountability
- Comfortable and patient explaining complex concepts to people from diverse backgrounds
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English, knowledge of Armenian an asset
Submissions will be accepted until the position is filled. Initial interviews of strong candidates will be held as submissions are received. No phone calls please.
The Armenian General Benevolent Union (www.AGBU.org) is the world’s largest Armenian non-profit organization devoted to upholding the Armenian heritage through educational, cultural and humanitarian programs. Each year, AGBU is committed to making a difference in the lives of 500,000 people across Armenia, Nagorno-Karabakh and the Armenian diaspora. Since 1906, AGBU has remained true to one overarching goal: to create a foundation for the prosperity of all Armenians.
The TUMO Center for Creative Technologies (www.TUMO.org) is a new kind of after-school educational experience at the intersection of technology and design. Thousands of teens are given the tools and knowhow they need to reach their maximum potential and succeed in the modern digital world. Students chart their own learning path through hands-on activities, workshops and projects in any of 14 learning targets, including animation, web design, robotics, 3D modeling, game development, filmmaking, etc.
Job Type: Contract