We are Canada’s leading artisan bakery combining ancient techniques with innovative methods to produce nutritious, organic and natural products – an essential ingredient to a well-balanced and healthy lifestyle.
We continuously enhance our gourmet products to meet the needs of our customers who seek to make health, happiness, and vitality a priority. Our baking is a creative act of alchemy, combining the finest natural ingredients with revolutionary technologies from around the world.
Shasha Bread Co. – Islington & Queensway, Etobicoke ON area
Job Type: Full-time at 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
The Accounts Specialist optimizes operational efficiency by using information systems to accurately and promptly collect account receivables from customers as payments come due. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Specialist must be firm, while being courteous and professional when collecting receivables. Candidate should proactively research and resolve customer invoice problems, consult with appropriate personnel in other departments to accelerate the payment process and pinpoint potential problem accounts that may affect the company’s viability.
- Post invoices, sales returns, and payments on a daily basis.
Credit & Collection Duties
- Process credit applications submitted by customers on a timely basis.
- Make daily collection calls to customers to ensure payment is received within approved payment terms.
- Respond promptly to customer requests for account information, POD, invoice back up, P.O.’s, etc.
- Liaise with Sales regarding pricing issues and Shipping Coordinator for POD requested by customers.
- Weekly review of Accounts Receivable listings with Accounting Manager, highlight all accounts needing attention.
- Perform EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) invoices for EDI customers on a weekly basis.
- Track invoices with POD.
- Mail and/ or e-mail customer original invoice copies, file hard copies in master records and maintain Customer Special Instructions
- Respond to and follow up with Customers regarding billing issues, coordinating with Accounting Manager if necessary to resolve an issue.
- Analyse A/R aging on a weekly basis and prepare a listing of Overdue Accounts by Due Date at Month End
- Take necessary action over late payment/short payment
- Run month-end reports on A/R aging from the system and analyze it for presenting to CEO and VP of Sales.
- Make sure all payments and credits have been applied to customers account prior to running the aging
- Prepare a statement of accounts for customers.
Audit and Control of Sub-ledger Transactions
- Maintain, organize and file customer permanent records & correspondence, cash receipts & adjustment reports
Knowledge & Skills:
- Mathematical ability: perform basic math skills, reconcile and calculate problems, and sub-ledger & g/l reconciliation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong command of English language
- EDI(Electronic Data Interchange) knowledge and/or experience is nice to have
- Advanced computer skills and good typing skills to prepare correspondence and spreadsheets.
- Post-secondary diploma in Accounting or Business from a recognized Canadian college or comparable work experience.
- Minimum three years of post-diploma work experience in a mid-sized owner-managed business.
- Minimum three years of credit & collections/accounts receivable experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Minimum three years of work experience actively using MS Office skills, Word and Excel at an intermediate/advanced level.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00 to $21.00 /hour
- EDI: 1 year (Preferred)
- accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Accounts Receivables: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Etobicoke, ON (Preferred)
- English (Required)