Capital Power (TSX:
CPX) is a growth-oriented North American power producer headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta. The company develops, acquires, owns, and operates power generation facilities using a variety of energy sources.
Capital Power owns nearly 6,200 megawatts (MW) of power generation capacity at 26 facilities across North America. Approximately 800 MW of owned generation capacity is in advanced development in Alberta and Illinois.
One Permanent, Full-Time Position.
Capital Power is looking for a talented Contracts Specialist to join our dynamic Supply Chain Management team.
Reporting to the Manager, Contracts, you will be accountable for managing Capital Power Corporation (CPC) requirements for activities in the contract development process from third party vendors including quotes and proposal submittals, selection, contracting processes and applying commercial principles to ensure that we receive high value while maintaining an appropriate business relationship with vendors. Your duties will include, ensuring compliance to procedures and standards and commercial issue resolution.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Produce high quality RFQs, RFPs and contract documents.
- 100% contract compliance to policies, procedures and standards and maintain records of compliance.
- Negotiation of final terms using CPC processes and commercial principles.
- Support the contract administration function.
- Seek out opportunities such as new suppliers, alternative approaches.
- Prepare request for RFP’s and contracts. This includes preparation of RFQ/RFP documents, comparison and analysis of responses, providing and implementing recommended strategy to ensure optimal results, and seeing these arrangements through to final completion of the work.
- Work to effectively create contracts with cross-functional alignment and input by other departments to successful contract completion.
- Develop, implement and review contract coordination processes to ensure compliance to policies, standards, regulatory requirements and ensure mitigation of risks.
- Verify that contract changes are compliant with appropriate CPC Standard Procedures and the applicable contractual and commercial terms.
- Liaise with cross-functional departments such as Legal, Insurance, Risk and internal client departments.
- Act as key focal point for the development of contracts between internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure that documents are reviewed between varying departments requiring to have input into the contract.
Technical and Behavioral Skills:
- University degree or College Diploma preferred. Grade 12 or equivalent as a minimum. Designation in SCM or Purchasing (CSCP, SCMA) are assets
- Possess in-depth understanding of contracting processes procedures
- Detailed understanding of the contracting process and possess knowledge of contract language and contract style guides
- Basic understanding of contract law
- Understand the Procure to Pay process
- Ability to explain the RFQ/RFP process
- Knowledge of different contract forms such as Master Services Agreements, Goods & Services Contracts and Professional Services Agreements.
- Microsoft office suite to assist in preparation of RFQs and contracts.
- Oracle E-Business Suite, or similar ERP system.
- Ability to produce clear written documents and/or edit others’ documents.
- Passionate about customer focus and commitment to service excellence.
- Ability to work in a demanding environment under tight deadlines and can adapt to change.
- Recognized ability to maintain quality and timeliness of deliverables across a number of varied tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong team player and demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills by building trust with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively negotiate (both in-person and through written communication) with vendors and other third parties to create value.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of procurement regulations, contract agreements, and legal terminology.
Hours of Work:
8.0 hours per day, 40 hours per week
CSU52 - T3
Starting at $46.25
Capital Power employees are eligible for a $500 Referral Reward for this position!
In order to be considered for this role you must be legally eligible to work in Canada.