TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Huronia Transition Homes is a multi-site, multi-program organization operating throughout Simcoe County, providing shelter, support, education and advocacy to women and their children who have experienced abuse.
We are community members who are committed to education and advocacy as a means to end violence. We are also committed to providing shelter, counselling and support to women identified individuals and their children, who have experienced abuse.
We are currently seeking an individual interested in a part- time administrative role at our Midland location. The Office Coordinator is responsible for providing high-quality administrative support to ensure that the day-to-day operations of Huronia Transition Homes runs smoothly. This position will provide administrative support to the Executive Director by assisting with meeting agenda and minutes, coordinating schedules and travel as well as general office administration.
Responsibilities and Activities
- Ensure all record keeping is filed, accurate, complete and up to date
- Distribute incoming mail and packages to appropriate individuals
- Coordination of travel arrangements including airfare, hotel and transportation as required.
- Maintain schedules and calendars for the senior management team
- Prepare the agenda and record meeting minutes for monthly Board Meetings
- Prepare the Executive Director for meetings (assemble and prepare documents where necessary, provide information as requested etc.)
- Issues tax receipts as required
- Maintain office equipment and order supplies and schedule maintenance when necessary
- Facilitate Job Posting process for new or vacant positions
- Support the set up and onboarding of new employees, including, assisting with phone/computer and related building/office equipment orders
- Prepare employee orientation packages
- Maintain employee information, including emergency contacts
- Maintain the monthly timesheets
- Troubleshoot basic IT issues and liaison with external IT when necessary
- Carry out such other duties and responsibilities of the management team as requested from time to time.
- Post-secondary degree of diploma in relevant subject (Office Administration, Business, HR)
- 3-5 years’ experience in an administrative function
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and eager to learn our internal systems.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Familiarity with the way nonprofit organizations are structured
- Genuine interest in our mission
- Must display interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written
Our recruitment process includes reference and background checks on successful candidates. Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment.
In keeping with our commitment to represent all our communities, Indigenous women, francophone women, queer-identified and racialized women are especially encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations if needed. We will consult with you and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.
Please submit a written expression of interest and your up-to-date resumé.
- Extended health care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Casual dress
- RRSP Match
- On-site parking
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.63 to $27.06 /hour
- administrative: 3 years (Preferred)