*This position will require you to work from our Cambridge office*
Surex is Canada's fastest growing digital insurance brokerage, recently named #22 on the 2018 Growth 500 list by Canadian Business and top 5 in financial services.
We are expanding into Kitchener- Waterloo and are searching for senior level developers.
We currently operate in 6 provinces and 2 territories. With over 40,000 active insurance policies we have aggressive plans to expand to over 500,000 policies the next 10 years.
What we look for in our applicants:
- 8-12 yrs experience
- Good with PHP and Symfony
- Ideally a full stack developer
- Ideally with at least 2-3 years of team lead experience
- Lead a team of 3-7 developers developing web applications for both brokers and insurance consumers
- Plan, estimate and do technical design for development projects before implementation
- Assist DevOps in streamlining deploy and build procedures
- Mentor and guide less experienced developers as they learn how to build web apps
- Work with the architect and the Product Ownership team to clarify, plan and prioritize development projects.
- Assist the Chief Architect in creating and implementing a longer-term road map for all our technology goals.
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Vacation
- Friendly and Dynamic Work Environment
- Secure future in the digital space
- Flat Organization- ideas and feedback are welcomed
About this Company:
- Founded in 2012, we offer insurance in six provinces and two territories
- Placed 4th on the 2018 Top 10 Brokerages in Canada list, by Insurance Business (placed 5th in 2017)
- Back-to-back finalist for the Insurance Industry Employer of Choice Award, by Insurance Business
- Placed 30th on the 2016 Startup 50 Canada list, by Canadian Business and PROFIT (Canada’s fastest growing startups)
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Engineering: 8 years (Preferred)
- Kitchener-Waterloo, ON (Preferred)