Mantech Enterprises - Who We Are
Since 1995, clients from a variety of industries worldwide have looked to Mantech to solve their manufacturing business challenges through the efficient delivery of innovative solutions. We fill a unique niche in the manufacturing services industry, offering waterjet cutting, welding, CNC machining and fabrication all under the same roof. This comprehensive set of tools allows us to tackle complicated projects quickly and expertly.
We operate from an integrated manufacturing plant of 20,000 sq.ft. (1860m2) in North Vancouver. Our shop is modern, clean and well-organized. Our main offices, which include our team of in-house engineers, are strategically located right next door. This allows us to move seamlessly from design and consultation straight to production. Ensuring a continuous process of on-site quality control, our manufacturing process is efficient and precise.
Safety is a key component of our business. We pride ourselves on finding solutions to make the workplace safer, whether it’s reducing repetitive strain or preventing more catastrophic injury. We have integrated our customized solutions into a variety of different workplace environments, all with a focus on safety, while keeping production efficiency in mind.
Advanced Paper Systems (APS)
APS offers innovative solutions to all paper and pulp machine threading, cross machine tail cutters, rope diverter and sheet breaker projects. Our equipment can effectively manage all machine speeds and paper grades.
Successful threading requires three key steps: cut, control and transfer. Our equipment is world-renowned because of our ability to reliably achieve each of these stages. Each system is custom-designed to fit into the unique geometry and meet the particular requirements of the mill’s paper machine (position, product and speed). Customers come back to us time and time again because of the quality of the equipment we design and manufacture.
Our Core Values
At Mantech, these core values define who we are and how we do business. We evaluate all candidates against these core values – do they resonate with you?
- Creative Solutions – the heart of who we are
- Continuous Improvement – what we strive for every day
- Exceeding Customer Expectations – always going the extra step
- Candor – having frank and ‘actively honest’ conversations with our team and customers
- Loyalty – this is a 2-way street and means being loyal even when it’s hard
The Director, APS Design will manage a small team of direct reports and will have overall accountability for the successful completion of all paper system projects (APS). This accountability includes technical application, on time delivery, staying within budget and achieving profit targets, as well as technical resolution of any warranty issues. Working with our HR lead, the ideal candidate will also be responsible for performance management, training and development, and succession planning for all direct reports.
This is a growth-oriented position and we are looking to establish the right systems, team structure and best practices to allow for growth and scaling up of the team while preserving the quality assurance and nimbleness our customers have come to appreciate. The person in this role will be responsible for implementing those projects. An example of such a project is the migration of our current paper systems project workflow/documentation into Mantech’s relatively new ERP system.
In addition to the above, Mantech is actively pursuing opportunities to develop new products. The Director, APS Design will have a key role in managing the proto-typing phase of these new ventures, with a focus on design development.
- Manage a portfolio of paper systems projects from design through to install and start-up
- Manage the APS technical team
- Review, improve, and streamline current design and manufacturing lead times
- Implement quality control standards for each of the various systems and product lines produced, including design stage best practices and lessons learned post installation
- Follow up on designs, manufacturing, installation and start up process of paper machine equipment and other product lines with existing technicians and customer employees
- Occasionally travel to mill sites to conduct machine surveys and attend installation and start-up of our equipment.
- Lead design development of new products
- Lead and coordinate design activities associated with workflow standardization, and system design
- Work in conjunction with the existing designers and manufacturing teams to establish in-house testing criteria and processes for the systems fabricated at Mantech
- Proven track record in project management track record, working and developing teams, and motivating direct reports
- Product development experience an asset
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, P.Eng
- 10+ years of experience in mechanical system design
- Demonstrated experience in similar Team Lead Engineering role in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to adapt, embrace and lead change, innovation, and continuous improvement
- Experience/knowledge in paper machine environments and threading applications would be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills
- Experience with ProShop is a definitive advantage
In addition to the above requirements, you are a self-starter comfortable in the ambiguous environment a small company provides. You love our core values and feel that they describe you to a tee. You have no problem rolling up your sleeves, getting your hands dirty and walking around a paper mill. While this is a management level position, a detailed understanding of the design principles of our equipment is a must for success. You are creative, up for change and excited about the possibility of helping shape the future of a local company.
Onboarding will be provided for this position along with ongoing mentoring and professional development
Working with us
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package as well as an excellent work environment where you will be part of a group of talented professionals.
Applying for this Opportunity
Please submit your resume to: talent at mantechenterprises.com Due to the large volume of applications that we receive we are unable to provide feedback on an individual basis. We thank you for taking the time to submit your application and appreciate your interest. No Phone Calls or Recruiters please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent