Would you like to work for one of the world's leading companies in flow control? If the answer is yes, then Rotork wants to hear from you.
We are hiring in Mississauga for a hands-on, technically minded person to join our service team. This position is responsible to provide prompt and effective service on customer owned actuators returned for assessment and repair. The Technician will also work as part of the Production team, and dependent on workload may be asked to perform site visits on field repairs.
- Each actuator will be assessed based on the reported severity of problem and may include: cleaning, operation, disassembly, identification of failed parts
- Based on assessment, quote will be prepared and include: Estimated labour to complete repair, identification and price of required parts, estimated delivery date, customer contact information
- Repairs as follows: Parts ordered, repairs scheduled, actuator then re-assembled. Actuator tested verify specification compatibility, then re-painted or touched up as necessary
- Components assembled in accordance with engineering drawings and/or standard operating procedure
- Upon completion of assembly the actuator will be operated to confirm: Open & Close limits set, safety features enabled, data loggers reset, assembly & test results recorded
- Work effectively as part of Service team & Production team, communicating issues and prioritizing diverse workload
- Maintain assigned work area in a manner that ensures efficiency, safety and traceability
- Health & Safety: assess all hazards in environment on a regular basis
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be physically fit to work with: weight up-to 75lbs, heights up-to 100ft, confined spaces
- Must have valid passport and ability to enter United States as travel for training may be required.
- Must hold valid Class G (min) Driver’s License and possess good driving record. Rotork may request a driver’s abstract as part of the recruitment process.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Qualified through experience and education to work around live electrical equipment.
- Ideally a technical certificate/diploma and 2-3 years’ experience in a related role
- Able to read and understand electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics.
- Specific experience in actuation, instrumentation and valves is preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of actuators, especially Rotork, is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experienced in key service tasks: trouble-shooting, problem solving, repair
Rotork offers a positive working environment, safety-focused culture and great benefits, including: employer-paid health premiums, health spending account, RRSP, paid personal days, and the opportunity for continuous growth and development.
Rotork encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank every candidate for their interest, however only candidates selected for further assessment will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Service/Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Electrical: 2 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)