Hopscotch is now re-open following the shut down from the COVID-19 pandemic! We have put in place rigorous health policies and procedures which have received positive feedback from Child Care Licensing, AHS, our parents, and our staff.
Hopscotch is seeking Early Childhood Educators with a certification, some experience, and a passion for early learning and child care! In these uncertain times, flexibility of schedule and age groups is favoured.
Our goal is for Hopscotch to be great place for everyone who walks through the door. That means providing a great experience for the children in our care, their families, and for our team. As a member of our team you would enjoy competitive wages and benefits, a great team that supports each other, and other perks such as a large staff room to relax in.
We are currently searching for part-time staff. There is potential for it to become full-time over time if that is an interest to you, if not, it can stay part-time!
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a valid qualification (Child Development Assistant, Worker, or Supervisor)
- Has some experience in a child care setting (but will train for the right person with a good attitude and willing to learn!)
- Adheres to public health guidance and healthy practices - the health of the little ones in our care, and our team, is paramount
- Provides outstanding care for the children under your supervision, ensuring their needs are met (social, physical, intellectual, creative and emotional)
- Has a passion for early learning and child care
- Enjoys working with others in a team
- Likes to have fun with children
- Is able to build relationships with families (i.e. parents of the children)
- Is organized and takes initiative
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Knowledge of development milestones for children to help them develop (or is willing to learn!)
- Has flexibility in their availability
Qualifications and Skills
- Child Care Supervisor, Worker, or Assistant Certification from Alberta
- Criminal Record Check including a vulnerable sector search
- Ability to lift at least 40 pounds, as required
- Up-to-date immunizations (as per AHS immunization schedule)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
To keep our team, the children in our care, and their families as safe as possible we have put in place rigorous health policies that follow the AB government guidance document for daycare.