This position requires a hardworking, detail-oriented applicant with experiential background in general labourer in a manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will work in our production department with a variety of responsibilities including but not limited to;
- Perform set-up, adjustments and safe operation of foam cutting machines
- Perform production and inspections to ensure the output and quality meet requirements
- Package finish goods for delivery or stock.
- Participate in required and recommended employee training and continuous improvement programs.
- Work in a safe and responsible manner and support all Health & Safety initiatives.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor
- Gluing foam to plastic/craft corrugated pads
- Assembling and packing boxes on pallets
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to read CAD drawings, use hand tools such as saws, use measuring tools such as calipers and operate machines.
- Minimum 5 years manufacturing working experience.
- Ability to operate forklifts an asset.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to learn, flexible, accountable and detail-oriented.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision and collaborate with others.
- Strong track record of achieving targets, deadlines and sense of urgency.
- Be committed to the Company’s continuous improvement initiatives.
- Exposure to noise
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Lifting to 50 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.50 /hour
- Brantford, ON (Required)