Technical Writer (Contract) - 1 Year
Datawind Consulting Inc.
Technical Writer shall be responsible for the following activities.
- Write/develop original content and maintain existing content for information products for a variety of audiences and adhere to well-defined design specifications
- Use plain language, editorial standards and writing conventions to describe and explain complex technical content to a variety of audiences.
- Conduct research to identify stakeholder requirements for new and existing information products then plan, develop and implement research-based solutions.
- Collaborate with internal teams and work units to adapt and support the design, development, testing, implementation, integration, maintenance and support for information products.
- Use recognized project management practices to set schedules, define objectives and resources, prepare project plans, track and manage progress, and deliver on-time, high-quality deliverables.
- Collect and analyse a variety of data to identify stakeholder requirements and opportunities for product enhancements
- Convert complex technical information into clear, concise, plain language
- 3 Years of progressively more experience in software verification and testing of sophisticated application software in mission critical environments such as those used in Air Traffic Management Systems
- Experience in working with mission critical and real-time computer-based systems
- Experience in working with customer-facing, front-end software through interaction with the customer
- Experience in planning, specifying, and evaluating software and computer systems procurement activities
- Experience in agile software development environment (Scrum, DevOps, XP, Kanban)
- Experience with Test Complete or other test automation products.
- Experience with JAZZ or other tools for requirements managing, source control, task tracking, agile planning and test management.
- College diploma in Technical writing or similar; or combination of education, training and experience.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $45,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- software development environment (Scrum, DevOps, XP, Kanban): 3 years (Preferred)
- Technical Writing: 3 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)