MLT Aikins Regina is in search of an experienced corporate commercial legal assistant to support our growing commercial practice.
The successful candidate is a graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant program (equivalencies will be considered) with a minimum of 4 years in law practice looking to transition into corporate commercial law practice. Working closely with our team of corporate commercial lawyers, ideal candidates for this position will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and possess skills that include the following:
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in any law practice.
- Advanced Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have proofreading, writing, spelling and grammar skills;
- Perform complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents;
- Prepare various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and follow-up to review outstanding accounts;
- Follow instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment;
- Maintain an efficient file system (physical and electronic files), have strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- A client-focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients;
- Monitoring and following up on all post-closing documents; and
- Day-to-day administrative tasks including file organization, diarizations, booking appointments, and maintaining calendars.
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the working environment of the Regina office of MLT Aikins. If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- legal practice: 4 years (Preferred)
- Legal Assistant: 4 years (Required)