Join the iconic BeaverTails Family!
BeaverTails is truly one of a kind. Irresistibly delicious, artisanal Canadian pastry, always there to share special moments with our guests and create lifelong memories. We are an iconic Canadian restaurant chain specializing in pastries and serving sweet indulgence since 1978.
Do you enjoy motivating your team and delivering extra sweet customer experiences?
Do you love to have fun and work with a smile on your face?
If so, we would love to meet you!
Our flagship store located in old Montreal is looking for a full-time experienced manager extraordinaire to join our team and ensure our customers’ cravings are always satisfied.
Why do people love working for us?
- Great team spirit and supportive work culture
- Iconic brand and unique product with over 45-year history of success
- Competitive salary and vacation package
- Career growth opportunities
- Complimentary eats and sweet, sweet discounts on food and merch!
- We pride ourselves in providing a safe, respectful and inclusive workplace
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to
- Ensure your team delivers an outstanding customer experience while always providing excellent service and creating personalized moments
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, welcoming, and visually appealing store environment for both customers and employees, ensuring that we're always serving the freshest and tastiest pastries in town!
- As an inspirational and dynamic leader, you will manage a mid size team, oversee day to day operations and delegate effectively to meet goals and deadlines
- Recruit, hire, train and retain quality employees, regularly delivering feedback and coaching team members while promoting positivity and team spirit
- Create fair employee schedules and find viable quick solutions when an employee is unable to make a shift
- Review ratings, and guest feedback to determine areas where things can improve, and come up with innovative solutions
- Facilitate and resolve conflicts, customer complaints or escalations by making it "right"
- Embody our core values, inspire celebration, and create real magic while serving as a brand ambassador both internally and externally
- Continuously represent BeaverTails as a valuable member of the community by fostering connections with local businesses and actively engaging in community events
- Maximize our social media reach and engagement by sharing and promoting content via local store Facebook and Instagram channels
- Ensure compliance of regulated policies regarding food handling and safety (including uniform cleanliness)
- Responsible for ordering supplies and merchandise, maintaining a reasonable inventory level and monitor financial results to determine compliance with assigned budgets (Profit & Loss targets)
- Cash management, end-of-day reconciliation and ensure “tips” distribution
Competencies & Qualifications
- You radiate happiness and positivity!
- Excellent customer service skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset with experience in a sales and culture focused environment
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to coach and mentor team partners with professional maturity
- Self-leader committed to personal growth
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience and proven track record of successfully managing and growing teams of ten employees or more
- Ability to work at a quick, yet efficient and thorough pace and handle multiple tasks at once
- Team-oriented, adaptable, dependable, and strong work ethic
- Excellent listening and communication skills---bilingual preferred
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
- Knowledgeable in cost analysis including food, paper and labor costing - a plus
- Passion for food! - big plus
Our Core Values
- You display passion and inspire others
- You exude a sense of fun, exhibit curiosity and enjoy adventure
- You crave action and embrace pressure
- You enjoy being fully engaged and know how to get the job done
- You are committed to developing talent in members of the team
- You are organized!
- A leader who's hands-on, customer-facing, and inspiring to their team
- Regular in-person attendance is an essential function and requirement of this position
- Ability to work full time including variable hours, early mornings, evenings, weekends and/ or holidays
- This position involves spending 85% of the time on customer and staff-facing tasks and 15% on administrative duties
- Follow company dress code and hygiene practices and standards
- Ability to commute: 136 Rue Saint-Paul E, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 1G6
- Legal documentation establishing eligibility to be legally employed in Canada
- Minimum High School or GED
Your Vibe and Experience
While having a background in food service or retail as a barista, server, sales associate, cashier, team member, customer sales representative or as a manager is certainly valuable, what really matters to us is who you are!
You lead by example and are accountable. You have high expectations and consistently raise the bar for yourself and your team. When confronted with a situation, you can assess and problem-solve with confidence. You put people first, knowing that creating a positive culture leads to happier, more engaged teams who will deliver a better experience for our guests.
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Possibility of a four-day work week!
We offer the opportunity to grow as an individual, to build lasting relationships and make an impact in a place where people, quality and value mean everything.
At BeaverTails we're dedicated to promoting equal opportunities for all qualified individuals. Our goal is to create a welcoming and diverse workplace that encompasses team members from various backgrounds and experiences. We believe that this fosters an environment that enables us to better fulfill our mission and values.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Montréal, QC H2Y 1G6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-01