Chronic Disease Prevention and Management Program Coordinator
Main Site (9401 Jane Street, Vaughan)
Permanent, Full-time (35 hours per week)
$72,871.92 - $85,731.67 + Health Benefits + Pension
The Vaughan Community Health Centre is a not-for-profit, community-governed organization providing primary health care, social services, and illness prevention programs primarily to the residents of the Western and Northern York Region. In particular, we serve those people experiencing barriers to accessing health care services due to culture, language, age, chronic illness, or the like. As part of the health promotion framework of our services, we work in partnership with other community-based health and social service organizations to address individual, family, and community needs.
The CDPMPC will oversee the successful operation of the Diabetes Education Program (DEP), Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Education Program, Chronic Disease Prevention Exercise Programs and Physiotherapy. This position will be expected to ensure that the programs meet the performance targets identified by the Central Local Health Integration Network (CLHIN). In addition, in collaboration with other VCHC staff, the Coordinator plans and promotes the community-based education programs.
This position reports directly to the Director of Programs and Services.
- Provide leadership in program planning, delivery, monitoring, data collection and evaluation to the Chronic Disease Prevention and Management Program. This program is comprised of the Diabetes Education Program, the Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Education Program, the Chronic Disease Prevention Exercise Program and Physiotherapy.
- Approve team’s work schedules. Authorize timesheets, time off and professional development requests, reimbursement for expenses.
- Conduct performance appraisals as per VCHC guidelines and policies.
- Monitor teams’ work plans and ensure that the teams complete accurate encounters and meet the annual funder targets.
- Support team members in implementing coordinated outreach and health promotion activities with other VCHC service providers.
- Prepare quarterly reports as required by the funder. Divide the targets per month and submit monthly reports on the achievement of the targets.
- Coordinate the ordering of clinical supplies, equipment and resources.
- Coordinate the Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) services for the Centre.
- Coordinate chart audits for the Centre; ensure that the CDPMP teams achieve the follow-up actions in improvements as a result of the audit.
- Attend the VCHC Joint Health and Safety Committee meetings and work with the Committee to achieve the required deliverables.
- Chair the VCHC Research Committee meetings as required; lead the Committee in the research proposal review.
- Build and facilitate partnerships with individuals, groups, organizations and networks to address health and social issues.
- Manage and keep up an up-to-date record of partnership agreements, insurance certificates and other requirements.
- Implement quality improvement initiatives to ensure effective and efficient delivery of client-centred services and programs that are integrated across the VCHC.
With specific focus on Chronic Disease:
- Work with staff and community partners to identify the health needs of clients and various other groups, using this information to promote the development of appropriate programs, services and advocacy campaigns/initiatives, specific to the community.
- Baccalaureate degree with specialization and/or experience in a healthcare field; health administration or program/project management
- Training in motivational interviewing or health coaching
- Good understanding of Ontario’s Chronic Disease Prevention and Management Framework
- Good understanding of self-management support options for clients with chronic disease
- Three to five years of project management experience with a minimum 2 years in a supervisory capacity
- Strong knowledge and experience in leading staff teams and supporting an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining partnerships and stakeholders’ networks
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, organized, and possess excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to multitask while adhering to strict timelines
- Proficiency and experience with data analysis and creating succinct reports using MS Office & MS Excel
- Knowledge and experience working with Electronic Medical Records
- Familiarity with community health centres and community based not-for-profit social service organizations
- Superior communication (verbal and written) and excellent conflict management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and ability to speak a second language relevant to the Vaughan area
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community development and community-based health care delivery
Please note: Interviews will occur on rolling basis; please apply as soon as you can.
The position will involve working regular office hours, some evenings and the occasional weekend. Successful candidates must undergo a Vulnerable Sector Screening reference check to the satisfaction of the Vaughan Community Health Centre.
Please send your cover letter and resume by August 14th, 2020 at 5:00pm to:
The CDPM Program Coordinator Hiring Committee
c/o Vaughan Community Health Centre
9401 Jane Street, Suite 206
Vaughan, Ontario L6A 4H7
Fax: (905) 832-0093
While applications are preferred via email, you are welcome to apply by fax, mail or in person.
A_ccommodations during the recruitment, selection, and interview processes will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code if needed. If you need accommodation during the hiring process please call us at 905 303 8490 ext. 2668 to provide your contact information and a member from the hiring Committee will contact you. _
Vaughan Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to excellence and hire based on merit.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $72,871.92-$85,731.67 per year
- Company Events
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Vision Care
- 10 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Supervisory Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Self Managed Support options for Chronic Disease clients: 2 years (Preferred)
- Proposal Writing and administration of budget: 2 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19