Ronald McDonald House Charities® Alberta (RMHC Alberta) is passionate about providing a home away from home for families with seriously ill or injured children.Seventy per cent of Canadian families live in an area without a children’s hospital. This means that when a child is seriously ill or injured, families must leave their homes, jobs and support systems to access vital – and often life-saving – medical care. RMHCAlberta is here to help. We keep families close.
We know that when a child is sick, the whole family hurts. That’s why we’re part of aglobal network prioritizing family-centered care through our unique core programs. We offer 73 private family suites at the Houses in Alberta. Our Ronald McDonald Houses provides a warm, compassionate and comfortable environment where families can share experiences, eat a warm homemade meal and rest while caring for their child in the hospital. Reporting to the Stakeholder Relations Manager, the Resource Development Assistant will be responsible for, but not limited to, engaging and connecting resource supports for our signature and community events and activities in the Grande Prairie Region.
Resource Development Assistant Qualifications/Experience:
- Post-secondary in a related field such as Business Administration, Project Management or Event Planning
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven time management skills
- Experience in fundraising or working with fundraising databases will be considered an asset
- This position is made possible in part by the Canada Summer Job Grant. Applicants must be between 15 and 30 years of age and a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person on whom refugee protection has been granted. The position pays $16/hour
- Resource Development Assistant Responsibilities:
- Working collaboratively with all team members for cultivation and stewardship of key stakeholder relationships
- Support the sponsorship and donation recruitment, ticket sales and event planning
- Timely and accurately process data with respect to fund development
- Work to establish and create opportunities for families to become more connected to one another as well as our local community. This a temporary 8 week position with 35 hours per week located in Grande Prairie, Alberta. Weekend & evening work is required depending on organizational needs. Please submit resume with a cover letter quoting the position title “Resource Development Assistant – Grande Prairie”. We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Temporary