Department: Finance Location: Toronto , Canada
G Adventures is the world’s largest small group adventure travel company and we’ve been making epic travel memories happen on all seven continents for over 30 years.
Our mission is simple: to change lives through travel. And not just our travellers’ either. Since day one, our tours have been built to establish meaningful relationships with local communities, directly benefiting the people and places we visit at every step of our tours.
With the demand for travel coming back strong, we are set up and excited for this next chapter in our company’s story — and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
Our DNA revolves around building, nurturing, and developing a diverse culture of people and a true sense of belonging, where everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic self to work each and every day. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, and yourself, alongside a passionate, talented, and welcoming community that works hard to spread goodness around the world.
If all that sounds like your kind of thing, well, we can’t wait for you to join us.
About the Role: *
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Collections Specialist brings their solid experience in global collections to deliver on targets and will support business initiatives. You are self-motivated and work well in a team environment with a passion for delivering a superior partner experience in the cash collections function. The successful candidate has the ability to work well in a team and share their best practices across the organization. They are able to adapt to an ever-changing growth-oriented environment using leading metrics as an evaluation of performance.
What You'll be Doing:
- Accountable for the timely collection of accounts receivable, which includes the distribution of monthly statements and ensuring accurate customer information is maintained.
- Responsible for effectively resolving collections disputes and account reconciliation in your portfolio
- Accurately evaluate the likelihood of collectability of disputed items before they hit 60 days past due to flag “at-risk” accounts to the Sales team/Finance Manager to resolve
- Partner with your peers to support other AR activities as required
- Manage all communications for the Collections team
- Responsible to keep updated with changes in collection practice and process.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years collections experience, preferably global B2B preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills, specifically with Sales and External Customers
- Strong customer service mindset with the ability to solve it right the first time
- Strong organization and time management skills, with demonstrated success managing multiple priorities
- Self-starter with a continuous improvement mindset to support best in class process automation
- Strong team player, understanding that you deliver as a team and it is always best when you collaborate to find solutions to problems.
- Demonstrated ability to learn with your peers and others and support a culture of resiliency in a continuously changing environment.
Location: Toronto, ON or Remote
We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
***QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST HOLD APPROPRIATE CITIZENSHIP OR DOCUMENTS PERMITTING THEM TO RESIDE AND WORK IN CANADA***
G Adventures is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
Job Type: Full-time