We are seeking a Claims Manager to join our BPA team in Mississauga.
This role is 100% in-office.
The Claims Manager provides strategic and technical claims leadership for claims staff to ensure appropriate claim outcomes through consistent execution of best claims practices. This individual will take initiative to analyze current practices and recommend procedural improvements.
- Oversee the daily operations of a company-wide claims operation, which includes managing staff performance (production, quality, attendance) resource allocation, staff training to ensure all claims are processed accurately and timely in accordance with regulatory and corporate requirements
- Prepare statistical analysis required for internal and external parties, as may be required to assess the performance in the claims departments company wide
- Implement staff training programs and remedial training as appropriate
- Stay current with legislation and industry
- Maintain a good, professional working relationship with superiors, peers, subordinates and other department Managers and personnel across all offices
- Analyze insurance contracts and ensuring claims system parameters are harmonized
- Involvement on a systems implementation committee responsible for designing and executing a new claims module updates
- 5 years experience in Group Benefits Insurance Claims with 2-3 years in a supervisory/management role (required)
- Detailed knowledge of claims regulations, applicable laws, insurance contracts, disability management and medical terminology
- Experience directing the activities of assigned employees to achieve the goals of customer service, employee development and coaching.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong customer service skills
- CEBS designation or working towards
- LOMA designation or working towards
- Learn by working alongside our experts
- Extended health care and dental benefits
- A retirement savings plan with company contributions
- A suite of Health & Wellness offerings
- Mental Health programs and support for you and your family
- Assistance for the completion of industry designations
- Competitive compensation
At People Corporation we are committed to helping businesses succeed. We are a national provider of benefits, retirement, wealth, wellness, and human resource solutions. Our experts and solutions serve over 20,000 clients representing nearly 3 million Canadians. We offer customized solutions designed to fit the unique needs of businesses and their employees, members and stakeholders.
BPA is a division of People Corporation and has served members and beneficiaries in their local communities since 1958. BPA is dedicated to providing a superior benefits experience to our members, businesses, and trusts in the local communities in which they live and operate.
Providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and clients feel valued, respected and supported is something we're committed to. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential. If you require an accommodation or an alternative format of any posting please reach out to [email protected]