Experienced Licenced Automotive Mechanic required:
The Company: Roadsport Honda is Family Business which has a strong and committed Team with many years of experience satisfying our customers' needs. The Licence Automotive Mechanic must have the experience necessary to provide our customers with optimum service and come from a Honda brand background. The successful candidate must have the ability to work individually and with a Team as well as be able to learn quickly. For more information please view our website: http://www.roadsport.com/
- The ideal candidate is reliable, ethical, possesses great people skills, takes pride in their work and has a natural interest in learning and developing new skills. If this sounds like you apply below!
- Perform defect repairs
- Completing work orders as well as keeping neat and organized records of services and work in process
- Diagnosing and repairing problems relating to mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic components
- Maintaining required tools for the job
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Executing repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications
- Conducting brake, safety, and PM inspection
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with attention to detail
- Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment
- High volume Dealership with a busy service department
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Raise cars, trucks using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions & differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc
- Communicate directly with manager and service advisors so customers can be informed if any additional service is needed
- Being available for after hours on-call responsibilities as required
- Ensuring full compliance with all Health & Safety regulations
- Other duties as assigned by Shop Manager
- Strong automotive dealership background with a solid attention to detail.
- Minimum two years experience with diesel trucks, preferably Cummins
- High School Diploma., associate degree or Certificate in Automotive Technology a plus
- Valid Red Seal Ontario Standard Automotive Repair Technician 310 certificate journeymen
- Prior experience with transmission and differential would be considered an asset
- A passion for safety and mechanical excellence
- A customer friendly and engaging personality
- Must possess the recommended minimum hand tools for a 310 Technician
- Complete reports to record problems and work performed
- Must have your own tools and safety shoes
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's performance specifications.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current industry best practices in automotive repair
- Clean and maintain the work environment to ensure equipment longevity and workplace safety
- Ability to operate all auto repair tools
- Knowledge of diagnostic tools and equipment a must & the ability to operate all auto repair tools
- Strong English communication tools
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and provide a clean driving abstract
- Work in a team-based environment and achieve common goals.
- Welding and Hydraulic systems experience and asset
- Computer knowledge, utilizing email, is considered an asset
- Previous fleet management experience an asset
- Must be organized and willing to exhibit good housekeeping practices in the Roadsport Service Bays
- Employee of the Month Employee recognition program
- Paid training through our comprehensive in-house training program
- Welcoming Culture
- Competitive Compensation and Employee Benefits Package
- Safety Boot allowance
- A leadership team that trains and mentors its Employees to ensure success for new team members.
- Opportunities for Advancement
- No Sunday or holiday work, more time for your family
- Great High Energy Team Members and a fun place to work!
- We offer continuous training and mentoring because we are committed to your career success and we invest in your future. If you feel you have what it takes to join our Team…apply now!
*All candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Automotive Repair: 4 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Scarborough, ON (Required)
- Drivers License (Required)
- Red Seal (Required)
- Journeyman Automotive Mechanic (Required)
- English (Required)