Macrodyne Technologies Inc. is a leading designer and manufacturer of large hydraulic presses, fully automated hydraulic press lines and related die handling equipment serving manufacturing companies in the automotive, aerospace, consumer, and industrial product sectors. We are currently searching for an experienced Shipper as outlined below.
As this position is full-time, work will be inventory organization, receiving, stocking, and releasing to projects / machine builders.
Ideal candidates will be honest, cooperative, adaptive, autonomous, take responsibility for the projects they are assigned, pay attention to detail, possess a problem-solving attitude, be self-motivated, dynamic, analytical, and ready to do what it takes to get the job done.
The ability to maintain composure in demanding production environments is a key attribute that is required.
- Load & unload materials
- Track incoming and outgoing materials using inventory systems
- Oversee l unloading of goods from trucks, and transfers between multiple plants, etc.
- Receive inventory into the company’s ERP system
- Unpack and route goods to appropriate storage areas.
- Occasionally pick up /deliver material to/from one location to another using company vehicles
- Receive material via invoices, packing slips, PO’s & internal PO’s
- Assist with kitting
- Sort existing material and shelf / store
- Maintain a safe working environment. Ensure safety rules and regulations are followed. Ensure protective gear is worn as required
- Perform other duties as required
- 3 -5 years previous experience in a manufacturing environment in a similar role
- Technical background with kitting an asset.
- Fluent in English with good verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented & organized
- Able to assess tasks and direct resources to meet scheduled deliveries
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs comfortably
- Experience with safe operation overhead cranes beneficial
- Possess a valid “G” class license with clean driver’s abstract
- Must be computer literate
- Strong drive, initiative, and ability to work independently under tight timelines and pressures with multiple competing deadlines.
- Possesses solid judgement and reasoning skills and completes all tasks with high attention to detail.
Macrodyne offers competitive compensation and many perks, some of which include:
- Paid uniforms
- Safety boot allowance, eye & hearing protection and other PPE provided by company.
- Room for advancement – mentorship & advancement opportunities
- On the job training (some certification costs paid by company)
- Opportunity to work with industry leading technology.
- Employment Equity & Accommodation for persons with Disabilities
Macrodyne Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed maintaining a diverse workforce.
Employment opportunity is offered to all persons equally regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, or sexual orientation.
We encourage job applicants with disabilities to apply for this position. If you are an applicant with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources by telephone at 905 669-2253.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants who are qualified will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$24.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Expected start date: 2022-06-13