Corporate Services Paralegal
Established over 135 years ago, Parlee McLaws LLP is a reputable mid-size, Alberta law firm with extensive experience. We are adding to our Corporate Services team by seeking an experienced individual with qualifications as a Corporate Services Paralegal.
The schedule for this position is Monday to Friday, 8:00AM – 4:30PM (37.5hours/week) working in our Edmonton office. This position offers hybrid work for flexibility.
The successful candidate is a self-starter with senior level experience with the ability to work on complex files for our Business Services lawyers. You will demonstrate elevated efficiency and accuracy while meeting deadlines and providing outstanding customer service for both internal and external clients.
If you pride yourself on being organized with keen attention to detail, excellent communication, and the ability to learn quickly, you could be joining our team.
- Prepares documents related to incorporation, organization, amendments, continuances, dissolutions, and amalgamations
- Prepares and arranges the filing of extra-provincial registrations and updates documents
- Prepares documents for non-profit entities including incorporations, continuance/transitions, organizations, amendments, and dissolutions under Part 9 of the Companies Act, Societies Act and Not-For-Profit Corporations Act
- Prepares documents related to share transactions including issuance of share certificates, and updates registers
- Conducts Minute Book reviews and prepares necessary documents to ensure they are current
- Accesses the Corporate Registry Systems (CORES) and completes filings of various corporate documents (Levels I – III, as applicable).
- Perform all aspects of case, matter, calendar, and document management as a paralegal on a matter team as required
- Liaise with lawyers on various projects and files
- Interact with outside entities (i.e. government agencies, vendors, and other law firms) to gather information or coordinate activities as required
- Meet Firm and department expectations of billing practices and targets
- General administrative tasks including office and file management
- Other tasks as required
- Post-secondary education from a recognized Paralegal program
- Minimum five (5) years of relative experience with CORES Level 2 certification, preferable (equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a proactive mindset and the ability to move files forward with minimal direction
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office programs
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing English
- Experience with electronic database programs, including ALF
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work and navigate multiple tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to a variety of working styles
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail with commitment to high-quality, accurate work
- Handling of confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
- Experience with Worldox is an asset
Our firm encourages and supports ongoing professional development and cross-training for continued growth.
As well, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including health & dental, health care spending account, pension matching, and paid time off in addition to annual vacation.
Our building has an on-site gym as well as other perks. In addition, you can “dress for your day” depending on the day’s responsibilities.
Sound like a good fit? Your application will be confidential, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Please send your cover letter and resume in PDF form, via email to the attention of either [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
We continue to have protocols in place to protect the health & safety of our employees and clients. We work closely with our building operator and our leadership team to ensure a safe environment.
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Paralegal: 5 years (required)
- Cores III Certification (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Edmonton, AB