Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY:
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department.
Reporting to the Manager, Women and Children's Program, the Secretary III is responsible for the departmental reports, patient registration, booking of patient appointments, scheduling, and other duties as assigned.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Secondary school graduate or equivalent
- Completion of Medical Secretarial program or equivalent experience
- Excellent keyboarding skills - minimum 40 wpm
- Proficiency in microcomputer skills - Microsoft Office Professional (Excel, Word)
- Excellent knowledge of medical terminology
- Meditech registration and scheduling experience
- Positive attitude and professional abilities with general secretarial duties involving reception of public and telephones, appointment booking, chart assembly and filing, prioritization and meeting deadlines
- Experience in preparing and managing correspondence, reports and questionnaires
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills in public interaction, handling sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy, respecting confidentiality
- Ability to function effectively with the multi-disciplinary team in an organized manner
- Demonstrated courteous and efficient telephone manner with excellent reception skills
- Exposure to Lean principles, an understanding of methodologies and tools and a commitment to the use of these in support of providing the best healthcare experience possible to our patients
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers