ALCANNA is a premium retailer of wine, beer, spirits and cannabis and operates 280 retail stores under Ace Discount Liquors, Wine and Beyond, Liquor Depot and Nova Cannabis in Canada and Brown Jug in the State of Alaska.
We offer a great place to work, with a friendly atmosphere and energetic work environment. We provide our Customers with CONVENIENCE, SELECTION, and TOP NOTCH SERVICE!
Each person on our team plays an important role in our company’s success. We promote a team atmosphere that is busy and challenging, but always aims to be co-operative and fun. When you choose to work with us you can be sure you will be treated with the respect and support you need to be a success.
About The Role
We are currently looking for friendly, outgoing, and customer service driven individuals to join our team as Sales Associates at our Liquor Depot Kelowna location!
Address: 590 Highway 33 West, Unit 15, Kelowna, BC V1X 6A8
We are currently seeking new team members to help service our customers in these unprecedented times. We recognize these extraordinary times comes with additional workload and stress; therefore, we are offering a temporary increase in wages to ensure our employees are well taken care of.
At ALCANNA, we take the health and safety of our employees and customers seriously and have put in place the additional measures to protect our customers and teammates.
These measures include (but are not limited to):
- Instituted an intensive mandatory full cleaning and disinfecting protocol at all stores, with high-touch surfaces being cleaned on an ongoing basis throughout the day.
- ALCANNA has in place a company-wide COVID-19 Hot Line and incident reporting protocol and each team member’s status is reviewed by the COVID-19 Response Team.
- Restricted hours of operation to 10am–8pm in Alberta, 11am-7pm in BC and 11-7pm in Alaska.
- Installing plexiglass shields at tills in all stores to provide team members working at the tills an extra barrier between them and our customers.
- Secured multiple new sources of hand sanitizer bottles which are being provided to all stores.
- Prohibited: public use of washrooms; product returns; reusable bags.
- Providing gloves for any team member wanting to wear them.
- Prominent signage requiring social distancing and informing customers with symptoms not to enter the store.
Primary Purpose of Job
Provide exemplary customer service to every person who walks into our store, understand customer needs and instill a customer mindset within the store, participates in stocking and merchandising of store; ensuring store is stocked and ready to serve our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer service driven, friendly, willing to talk to all customers
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor and attitude at all times
- Deliver exemplary customer service
- Greet customers when they enter the store and take customer to product when required
- Generate sales by educating, advising and suggesting products to every customer
- Maintain a high level of service and product knowledge by completing all training within required timeline
- Escort customer from store and/or offer car service when appropriate
- Complete customer transactions on the Point-of-Sale (POS) device, including payment
- Ensure all cash handling policies & procedures are adhered to
- Ensure all opening & closing procedures are done correctly (when applicable)
- Complete end of day till reports (when applicable)
- Ensure safe is locked at all times and deposits are secured (when applicable)
Day to Day Operations
- Perform all opening and closing procedures (when applicable)
- Stock shelves and cooler with product
- Participate in merchandising and promotional activities
- Participate in routine store maintenance and cleaning
- Other tasks as assigned
- Ensure that OHS, LP, Serving It Right and other regulatory requirements and procedures are implemented and adhered to
- Maintain First-Aid, LP and OHS Training
- Maintain Serving It Right Certification
- Ensure other government guidelines are met
- Adheres to all ALCANNA policies, with a focus on Social Responsibility
- Minimum, 1-year experience in retail environment
- Previous liquor-related experience considered an asset
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Serving It Right is considered an asset
- First-Aid Certificate is considered an asset
- Training in wine/beer/spirits (preferred, not required)
- Available to work a varied retail schedule, including evening and weekends
- Able to safely lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to stand for an extended period
- Comfortable climbing ladders
Other Skills and Capabilities
- Highly self-motivated
- Customer service driven
- Effective teamwork skills
- Strong sales background
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able to pass a Background Check
- Must have access to reliable transportation
Why Work With Us?
At ALCANNA we invest in our people. We provide educational reimbursement for industry related courses. We prefer to promote individuals from within the organization providing our employees excellent opportunities to advance their careers. If you are interested in working in a fun environment that promotes personal growth with flexible scheduling please apply below!
ADDITIONAL REASONS TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible hours
- Employee Discount
- Free Uniforms
- Contests and prizes
- Product Knowledge training
With hundreds of locations throughout Alberta & British Columbia, there's a convenient location near you.
How To Apply
Please note that Liquor Stores GP assesses all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, Liquor Stores GP reserves the right to close this recruitment process prior to the advertised date. Due to the volume of applications received, only those candidates deemed to be suitable will be offered an interview.
If you are interested in this position, please complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Apply. You are able to upload your resume, if you'd like.
Thanks for considering a position with us! Cheers!
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.60 per hour
- Employee Assistance Program
- Store Discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- Retail: 1 year (Required)
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Serving It Right (Preferred)
- First Aid (Preferred)