Tony Graham Automotive Group
Job Title Receptionist/Administrative Clerk
Report to Sales Manager
Location 299 West Hunt Club Rd, Nepean, ON K2E 1A6 – On-Site
Employment Status Full-time permanent
Closing Date Until Filled
Who We Are?
The Tony Graham Automotive Group (TGAG) is a reputable and established business, close to 50 years in the Ottawa area. Our group consists of Tony Graham Toyota, Tony Graham Lexus, Kanata
Toyota, Tony Graham AutoEdge, Collision Center, and AADA Leasing. We recognize that our employees define us; we cannot deliver a great customer experience without a talented team. The car industry is a constantly changing, fast-paced industry that offers fulfilling careers and competitive salaries. It is a huge industry with jobs available in all segments, room for growth, and a wide array of choices for both those who are looking to jumpstart an exciting career or change career paths. We offer a unique, diverse and dynamic work environment.
The Reception-Administrative Clerk will be responsible for welcoming and directing all guests entering the dealership in a professional, courteous and prompt manner. The incumbent will answer all telephone inquiries in a friendly, courteous manner, directing caller to appropriate receiver. Assist customers (both by phone and physically at the reception counter) by having their request directed to the appropriate person. The Reception-Administrative Clerk will also assist the management team with the day-to-day administrative duties for both New and Pre-Owned
Vehicle Sales. This position will work closely with the Sales Team and assist in ensuring inventory and licensing are completed in accordance with applicable processes and legislation. This position will perform many administrative functions including preparing retail files for Ministry of
Transportation/Service Ontario registration and assisting with customer inquiries regarding title and registration.
What we offer
You will work in a dynamic workplace with people who live the values of our organization and will enjoy many of the benefits and opportunities at Tony Graham Automotive Group, including:
- Participation in TGAG group benefit plan after three months and participation in the
RRSP/DPSP after two years
- Staff discounts on used car sales and parts and service rates
- Paid birthday leave.
- Employees can purchase parts on behalf of their family members and obtain the employee discount.
What you offer
Some of the tasks of this position include:
- Operate telephone system with professionalism and efficiency;
- Update Management and other personnel as required to ensure effective communication for operational demands;
- Conduct all duties professionally and ensure excellent customer service in all interactions;
- Complete all job duties promptly and efficiently in a courteous manner.
- Reduce the amount of time customers are on hold by answering calls in a timely and efficient manner. To diplomatically place longer conversation calls on hold or re-direct so that service to other incoming calls not to be affected.
- Record all in/outs of sales staff and Department Managers. Ensuring calls held when requested due to meetings in progress.
- Remain organized to be able to inform others (callers or other managers or employees) of staff and/or shift changes, absences, etc.
- Organization of “Up” rotations for each salesperson, to ensure equal opportunity of customer attention and to allow maximum productivity.
- Identify service calls on queue and remind Service Department by paging a reminder. Also, inform customers of any delay in the calls being answered when queue is full, and giving the option of holding or taking a message for a return call at the first available moment by a Service representative.
- Use judgment when and when not to page calls if employee is taking care of prior commitments
- Convey an enthusiastic and friendly attitude always.
- Prior to leaving, relaying information by leaving messages for the other Reception-
Administrative Clerk of situations or events that must be known to perform the job properly the following shift (i.e. shift changes, who is in or out and expected time of return, scheduled appointments or expected customer calls, etc.).
- Review and prepare retail file documents for Ministry of Transportation/Service Ontario registration;
- Work with the sales team to ensure file documentation is in accordance with standards and legislation;
- Assist with customer inquiries regarding plates, title and registration;
- Create and distribute various reports; track, prepare, report targets for day 10, 20, and month end;
- Assist with ordering vehicles from the manufacturer;
- Maintain files as assigned;
- Perform administrative functions, including but not limited to; filing, answering phones, billing, typing, data entry, order office supply etc.;
- Preparing licensing documents and performing vehicles registrations;
- Transferring trade-in ownerships to Tony Graham name
- Assist with price protection
- Attend training /seminar courses as required;
- Promote every aspect of the Tony Graham Automotive Group;
- Adhere to the Vision, Mission and Values of the company;
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures of the Tony Graham Automotive
- Ensure compliance with all applicable legislation (i.e., OMVIC guidelines and regulations,
Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Human Rights Code)
- Any other duties, as assigned
The successful candidate will have the following:
Education and Qualification
- Successful completion of Secondary education
- Fluent in English, oral and written
- Bilingualism, an asset
- Must have minimum one year of administrative, customer service or licensing experience
- Mature personality and sound judgement skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent computer knowledge – Excel and database management, typing and data entry
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills and Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to organize and manage workload, multiple & conflicting priorities and demands
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple facets and operational components
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and ensure attention to detail
- Friendly and pleasant disposition, including willing and able to smile warmly to all customers being greeted or assisted
Monday -Friday 8am-8pm.
8 Hour Shifts – Flexible Hours within Hours of Operation
$16.00 - $19.00 Hourly
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$19.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nepean, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)