- Provide private, quality VOCAL AND PIANO instruction to students ages 4+.
- Develop and execute personalized lesson plans
- Structure Lessons
- Prepare and provide additional lesson materials (outside of books)
- Greet parents/guardians and provide regular feedback
- Provide and in depth progress report to parents/guardians once a year
- Attend both recitals during the year
- Arrange substitute teachers when away
- Utilize own equipment and materials for personal use when teaching
- Arrive early and be on time for lessons
- Teach students with patience and care
- Communicate regularly with front desk
- Respond to Front Desk/Management Communication
- Respect and follow studio policies and procedures
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- should have a diploma or degree in music / equivalent, OR currently be in the process of obtaining one
- must be able to understand and converse fluently in English
- preferred: minimum of 1 year of teaching experience
- must already hold a valid and current Canadian Resident Permit or Citizenship
- preferred: RCM 7+
Job Type / Category
Time Music Studios is seeking 1 Piano & Voice instructor for our 2020-2021 Season. This position is available for our West Springs location.
Our studio does not simply seek a person that is qualified or talented, we seek individuals who have a passion to teach and impart their knowledge and musical love. This is very important! If you do not feel like this describes you, we are not the place for you and you are not the teacher for us.
Studio Hours run from afternoon to evening on weekdays and morning to afternoon on weekends.
Monday: 2:00PM - 9:00PM
Tuesday: 2:00PM - 9:00PM
Wednesday: 2:00PM - 9:00PM
Thursday: 2:00PM - 9:00PM
Friday: 1:00PM - 8:00PM
Saturday: 10:00AM - 3:00PM
Expected Start Date: 2020-10-30
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $26.00-$32.00 per hour
Teachers must wear a mask while in the the studio, and while teaching.
Must be comfortable and prepared to teach online lessons over Zoom.
- Piano Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vocal teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- RCM 7+ (Preferred)
- Drivers (Preferred)