Wykeham Education is a Canadian education company that offers our school's Canadian online courses to overseas students.
Cornerstone Montessori Prep School is an academically accelerated, private school with campuses in Toronto and Don Mills. CMPS’s goal is to transform ordinary lives into extraordinary ones through Faith, Leadership, Character, and Achievement. CMPS is sourcing course materials for our teachers, and you will be working with CMPS’s material to create a fun teaching atmosphere for students.
Our teachers will be teaching young Chinese students (Gr.1-8 from English beginners to intermediate level learners) via online platforms. Our classes are in the form of dual education, which another Chinese teacher will be present during your teaching session, no disrupting but only helping out the students when in confusion. Course design, course materials, and platform training are provided. Course materials on based on the Ontario Gr.1-8 English Curriculum.
Class design: Basically, each class will have 6-8 students. Fixed class with fixed students per term. 1-hr class or 2 -hr session per week and 30 weeks a term. Each teacher can take multiple classes.
- Study the given learning materials thoroughly; maintain a higher standard in the classroom interaction and student’s performance improvement
- Follow the lesson pacing guide, but also maintain the flexibility for the students of different needs
- Guide the students to practice English vocabulary, phrases, and dialogues; correct students English pronunciation and improving fluency
- Help students to improve their reading skills and writing techniques in English as well as to develop their critical thinking abilities;
- Assess students' classwork and assignments;
- Provide feedback as well as suggestions to every student after each lesson
- Create an engaging and fun class atmosphere
- Outgoing, enthusiastic individuals, excellence in interactive teaching with a group of young students
- Be able to prepare for lessons and present the materials in a fun and interactive fashion.
- Bachelor's Degree or above in education or related fields
- Ontario Certified Teacher (OCT) required
- At least 1-year English teaching/tutoring/training experience
- A computer or laptop with a strong internet connection, a webcam, and a proper over-ear headset with microphone
- At least 5-hours of work required per week
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $30.00-$45.00 per hour
- Teaching: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Ontario Certified Teacher (OCT) (Required)