Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Manager, iLead Learning Programs is responsible for managing the design, development and execution of leadership learning strategies and programs, ensuring alignment with overall learning goals and objectives. This role supports the development of the leadership learning framework, and collaborates with internal partners and external vendors to optimize program development and deployment.
What you'll be doing:
We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Champions a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Manages and coordinates the development and execution of leadership learning strategies and programs, ensuring alignment with learning needs and requirements
- Re-purpose and maintain instructor-led learning material into new formats including online, social, and virtual learning formats in collaboration with the Digital Learning & Content Development team
- Collaborates with Learning COE to ensure efficient learning delivery and logistics and alignment with overall learning goals and objectives
- Provides expertise on matters related to end-to-end leadership learning implementation, including planning, scheduling, communication and promotion
- Collaborate with Learning COE and Learning Solutions team to drive efficiency in process and program implementation and delivery
- Collaborates with internal partners and supports vendor selection and negotiations to enhance learning program development and deployment implement solutions to improve/enhance leadership learning programs )
- Manages and tracks budgets for all iLEAD projects, ensuring the proper allocation of resources to optimize program delivery
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations within his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Adult Education or related field
- Previous experience in designing and developing leadership learning programs preferred
- Strong knowledge of learning theories and learning practices
- Strong project management skills and effective execution skills to ensure successful delivery/implementation of learning initiatives and programs
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven teamwork capabilities; strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Bank’s business strategy and how Learning can support them
- Spanish/French language skills are an asset
Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.