The Bargains Group Ltd
890 Caledonia Road
Toronto, Ontario M6B 3Y1
Marketing & Social Media Leader
Full-Time 12 month renewable contract
VP of Operations and President
Toronto – in house
The Bargains Group is an award winning entrepreneurial Canadian, owned and operated company, which has been growing constantly
for over 25 years. We like to think of ourselves as Bargain Idea Generators. Our dedicated and caring BG family provides retailers,
companies, individuals, schools, organizations, associations and non-profits with quality merchandise and custom logoed promotional
products at wholesale bargain prices. We are innovative and love making our clients happy at a bargain, and believe in being socially
Learn more about the Bargains Group at:
We are currently seeking a Marketing & Social Media Leader to join our growing BG family on a 12 month renewable contract
The successful candidate will work closely with our entrepreneurial multi award winning President and have an appetite to learn and
grow. The Bargains Group is known as a well-kept secret amongst its thousands of clients and we need a Marketing & Social Media
Leader to make everyone in Canada aware of us and how we can help all businesses and organizations at a bargain. Who doesn’t
love saving money? Awareness is what is needed as we do what we do well and have been since 1988. A person that thrives in an
entrepreneurial environment where there are never enough hours to implement new ideas, would be referred to as an incredible multi
tasker and is well versed across the many marketing mediums would be a great fit. Helping to grow and nurture our existing clients as
well as finding new and innovative ways to increase our awareness both online and offline is what we strive to always accomplish. We
are truly a unique company and a great marketer will understand the value we bring to so many and proactively look at new ways to
increase our audience. We need you to leverage technology in a cost-effective manner that accomplishes what our goals are but
maintain existing marketing functions on time too. Bringing great ideas to the table are always welcomed and encouraged!
- Planning, designing, and developing email, blogging and other marketing campaigns to a varied client base.
- Overseeing all Social Media channels (be the voice of the Company, President, Charity founded by President): including but not
Marketing pieces for clients and prospects, active and attentive participating and listening online, producing blogs,
creating and posting content for multiple channels and more.
- Research, develop and implement third-party online platforms: eg. Amazon, Craig’s List, etc.
- Supervising and assisting our online catalogue, including copy writing, product photography, and implementing SEO elements.
- Graphic design for various marketing initiatives; ensuring all visuals meet our brand standards.
- Outreach marketing growing BG presence through but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Oversee and manage/mentor all marketing interns.
- Working closely with Purchasing and Sales departments to maintain an up-to-date physical and online inventory.
- Monitoring and improving our web presence using Google Analytics and by developing content through our CMS.
- Ability to develop and monitor link building.
- Other marketing and creative tasks as required.
- Creating marketing and other ideas & concepts to drive and increase sales.
- Overall increase sales through all above initiatives and produce results.
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Post-secondary education in Marketing or Communications or two to five (2-5) years’ related experience.
- Proficient in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite with an understanding of design best practices.
- Exceptional electronic talent with the ability to learn and adapt to new programs and software on the fly.
- Fantastic organizational skills, attention to detail, and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. We love over communicators!
- Social media presence with strong understanding of all channels with regards to both posting and listening!
- Intermediate photography knowledge and skills.
- Experience in E-Commerce an asset.
- Experience with creating and executing videos an asset.
- Experience with online CMS systems, such as CS-Cart, Word Press an asset.
- Experience with any CRM software preferably Infusionsoft an asset.
- Experience with email lead generation software preferably Click back
- The desire to learn and grow at a high paced, forward thinking company
- Experience with HTML and CSS an asset.
All interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Bargains Group is an equal
opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in
accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will only be reviewing cover letters that contain the following:
1) We're always looking for great innovative people to help grow our business. If we hired you, what are the three areas in our
company that you think need the most attention from a marketing perspective, or three ideas that you feel could help grow our
sales in the company. Explain in detail how you would do this if we hired you
2) What is your vision of Social Media and how do you see it changing the business world of today and tomorrow in relation to
the Bargains Group and how it can increase our sales if we hired you.
3) We want to make sure that we don't waste your time, or ours, so we would ask your expected annual compensation. (A range