HBI Canada is looking for an Assistant Warehouse Manager – Head of Receiving. This individual will be responsible for managing and handling incoming shipments with a special focus on quality control. They will work closely with Purchasing Department and lead the receiving team to inspect all goods received and completing tasks in a timely manner. They will accomplish effective logistical oversight through strong leadership and high attention to detail. This individual must be an effective communicator and must work well with others.
This is a fast-paced role that requires someone who will act decisively and collaboratively to resolve issues that arise. This role requires strong organizational skills to tackle inventory and transportation demands. The perfect candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoys a collaborative workplace. Candidates who are personable, possess a strong work ethic, and have a positive attitude will be at the top of our list.
· Oversee all aspects of receiving, ensure all documentation for incoming and outgoing goods are complete
· Ensure all products are verified inspected against purchase orders and ensure all discrepancies have been reported
· Manage efficient receipt of all import containers and LTL deliveries per shift as well as small parcel
- Manage daily customer returns procedures including receiving, inspection, repair, stock replenishment and customer quality complaints
- Loaded/Unload trucks utilizing RF scanners and computers to track, locate inventory, pull products of various weights and sizes.
- Set up online BOL's and spreadsheets to accurately track all shipments
- Prepare all paperwork for shipments, BOL's, shipping manifests, shipping permits, etc.
- Develop and implement inventory control and lot control procedures that conform to regulations
· Manage the reception, handling, distribution, and storage of all freight, product, and supplies that come in and out of warehouse(s)
· Plan warehouse layout and space requirements in order to prevent loss or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization
· Maintain appropriate and complete documentation regarding regulated products and/or hazardous materials.
· Ensure all orders are shipped to customers in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules.
· Ensure all employees are meeting expectations, motivating and training team to ensure production standards and team goals are being achieved
· Train employees on safety standards and ensure employees comply with Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures.
· Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
· Direct working knowledge of operations, warehouse management, and transportation management.
· Excellent communication skills – must read and write English well
· Great attention to detail
· Able to work well in a fast paced team environment
· Must be physically fit and able to lift 50lbs
· Forklift Operator Certified
· First Aid Certification is an asset
· Strong knowledge of ERP systems (SAP or similar) and WMS (Produmex or similar)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Exceptional problem solver with an excellent attention to detail
· Team leadership and teambuilding abilities
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant warehouse or supply chain experience required
· Minimum of 2 years of management experience required
To be considered, please submit with your cover letter and resume.
We are HBI Canada and we are the Canadian office for RAW rolling papers, Elements, Juicy Jays, Kingpin and much, much more. Check our website (www.hbicanada.com)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Warehouse experience: 5 years (preferred)
- Management: 2 years (preferred)