JOIN OUR TEAM
Metro Green is a division of Metro Supply Chain a strategic supply chain solutions partner for some of the world’s fastest growing and most recognizable organizations. We advance our customers’ business through innovative, real-world solutions within a culture that supports our communities, protects our environment and enables our team to thrive. Over the past 40+ years, we’ve grown into a significant operation of more than 80 sites across North America
and Europe and 6,000 team members.
Reporting to the Transportation Manager - DSD the driver helper will be responsible for assisting the delivery driver with direct to store deliveries for a dedicated Metro customer.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Assist in the completion of documentation according to SOPs including manifests and obtaining signatures.
- At a Metro facility, assist in loading pallets with product into the truck for delivery in a manner that prevents damage to the product.
- Assist in maintaining a clean delivery van, assist in performing daily pre/post shift safety inspections and advise the Supervisor of any concerns or service recommendations.
- Follow all SOPs regarding the safeguarding of Metro and its Customers property against theft.
- Work with Delivery driver and management to return damaged or stale dated product not accepted at the retail location and transport the undelivered product back to the DC, according to SOP.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completed High School Diploma
- Previous related experience.
- Strong orientation to safety.
- Ability to lift 25-30lbs numerous times throughout the day.
Join Our Team
- Work in an environment where safety is our first priority
- The opportunity to build a career with a growing company
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- Life and disability insurance
- Wellness programs to support your family’s well-being
- A Retirement Savings Program with a company match
- Company team wear allowance
- Employee Appreciation Day
- Company sponsored social events
- Community volunteering
We are committed to building and fostering a diverse workplace where people feel included and valued. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Should you require accommodation for a special ability or need during the recruitment process, please reach out to a member of our Human Resources Team.