Junior High Humanities 2023 - 2024
Since 1979, Foothills Academy Society has been optimizing the success of students with Learning Disabilities and is a leader in working with children and youth with Learning Disabilities and associated disorders. We are a Designated Special Education Private School for grades 3-12, and have additional support from our year round Community Services department which reaches over 1,000 individuals in the community annually. We are a charitable organization with a strong culture of philanthropy. Our teachers provide a child centered approach that meets our student’s diverse learning needs that is supported by our 3 pillars:
1. Find Understanding
2. Build Confidence
3. Maximize Potential.
Foothills Academy is seeking a qualified and experienced Junior High Humanities teacher for Grades 7-9. This is a position commencing at the beginning of November until November 12, 2024, withthe potential to continue further into the 2024– 2025 school year.
The academic program at Foothills encourages collaborative learning, creativity and an understanding of the diverse learning needs of students with learning disabilities as well as adhering to the Alberta Program of Studies.
Alberta Teaching certification (required)
Outstanding teaching evaluations
Experience teaching high school English and Social Studies, including Diploma courses
Experience working with students with Learning Disabilities and/or ADHD preferred.
What Skills Foothills Academy Teachers Possess
• Ability to establish trust and rapport and build relationships with students
• Maintain effective communication with parents, colleagues and students
- Ability to create a safe, positive, and productive learning environment
•The skills to utilize a variety of effective teaching, classroom management and assessment practices
- Comfort and competency working with computers and other technologies to support student learning
- Ability to respect and value all individuals with sensitivity to diversity
•The skills to use data-informed strategies to understand students’ learning abilities and apply teaching interventions to support learning
- The desire to continue pursuing professional development including the areas of learning disabilities, literacy, numeracy and social emotional wellness
- Outstanding instructional and classroom management skills
What We Provide Our Teachers
We offer small class sizes for core subjects, daily preparation time, opportunities for professional development, competitive compensation and a benefit package.
How to Apply
In your application package please include the following information:
Resume – including names of 3 references
A valid Alberta Teaching Certificate
Criminal Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector check
Applications will be reviewed and those short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,087.72-$103,103.80 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- teaching English Language Arts and Math: 1 year (preferred)
- Alberta teaching certificate (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-31
Expected start date: 2023-11-01