Staff Shop is looking for a friendly and driven individual to provide administrative and social media support with quick, clear and friendly communication. The Freelance Administrative & Social Media Support person would be expected to assist on projects by supporting administrative functions if and when necessary. If you are the right person, you will be joining a fierce competitor in the Staffing & Essential Resources space, who is passionate about freeing up time, showcasing the value in people, and providing growth opportunities for everyone involved.
The Freelance Administrative & Social Media Support person is an individual who is highly organized, has best-in-class time management skills, has an impeccable attention to detail and is able to think and act with very minimal guidance. They are involved in daily tasks such as appointment setting, creating and summarizing reports, document creation and other administrative support tasks, always in accordance with Company values.
Reports to: COO
- Liaise with suppliers and keep up with office supply inventory
- Create documents, presentations and proposals
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage executives’ calendars and set up meetings
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Take minutes during meetings
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Organize and maintain digital files
SOCIAL MEDIA SUPPORT (30%)
- Creating social media content according to posting guidelines
- Generation of social media content ideas
- Editing and posting content to social media based on schedule
- Organizing and maintaining social media posts
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-secondary education in relevant subject
- Work experience as an Administrative Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role
- Excellent MS Office knowledge as well as Google Suite; including GMail, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Keep and Google Docs
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Impeccable verbal and written communications skills
- Discretion, confidentiality and professionalism
- Must be flexible on hours of availability going above and beyond regular office hours
- A proven track record of delivering results and following through on objectives
- The successful candidate will be an independent, decisive, resourceful, efficient individual with strong motivation for seeing the Company succeed
Accountability – Responds to job-related commitments by meeting deadlines and being reliable; reviews and assumes additional responsibilities.
Adaptability – Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies, and requirements. Recognizes new information and ideas with a willingness to alter opinions and behaviours. Applies versatility, reasoning, and innovativeness in the face of change. Able to collaborate comfortably in a variety of situations and with diverse individuals.
Communication – Ensures that communication efforts meet the needs of various groups and is properly understood.
Decision Making – Makes concrete, well-informed, and thought-out decisions that support the overall organization. Has the ability to make quick, effective decisions, even when data and details are limited. When making unfavourable decisions that might have negative consequences, examines the impacts and potential implications to ensure that decision is valid for the situation.
Networking and Relationship Building – Effectively builds constructive, friendly, professional relationships and networks of key contacts with people and colleagues; maintains partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support.
Planning and Organizing – Continuously adapts priorities and responsibilities in response to changing needs
Problem Solving – Responds to issues by offering solutions that fall within the positional responsibilities, involves others as required.
Results & Service Orientation – Operates with high attention to detail regarding performance goals; works on a continuous basis to meet or exceed client and organizational needs.
Teamwork – Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates in group activities, fostering a team environment.
Stationary Position (70 - 80%), Move / traverse (20 - 40%), Operate a computer / phone (90%)
Environment: Work remotely, indoor, moderate noise levels
Expected Start Date: 2021-03-01
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Freelance
Salary: $33,996.00-$57,167.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- social media for business: 1 year (Required)
- administrative: 2 years (Required)
- Google Workspaces: 2 years (Required)