Our Rail Engineering Department is looking for two talented and bright employees to join an innovative organization where new ideas are encouraged, opinions are valued and extraordinary performance is rewarded.
ZTR has been honoured with a Canada's Best Managed designation for three consecutive years! The program recognizes companies in Canada with revenues over $10 million, demonstrating strategy, capability and commitment to achieve sustainable growth.
The R&D Engineering position will primarily be responsible for providing product development engineering of products for railroad applications globally.
- Assist in the design, implementation and validation of hardware including analog circuit design, PCBs, enclosures, harness and operator interfaces for use in a harsh environment.
- Research, select and validate suitable off-the-shelf electronic products such as electromechanical devices, digital and analog electronics, sensors, antennas, PLCs, wiring and connectors.
- Develop software and implement new and innovative algorithms for mechanical and electrical systems control using PLCs.
- Plan and perform prototype, functional, environmental and electrical testing of products and services to ensure reliability and compliance with regulations and standards.
- Prepare accurate estimates for technical work.
- Prepare technical and project documentation to support new products (i.e. customer-facing installation instructions, manufacturing instructions, technical specifications, etc.).
- Provide occasional on-site control system installation support and testing at globally located rail yards.
- Bachelors Degree in Electronics, Mechatronics, or Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 2 - 5 years with hands-on experience designing hardware and developing control systems with a focus on analog circuit design and programmable logic controllers
- EIT or P.Eng is preferred.
- Experience with PLC programming
- Experience in rail industry and systems integration preferred, although automation industry experience is also an asset
- Knowledge of physical, electrical and environmental design standards for locomotive applications
- Excellent knowledge of available off-the-shelf power systems, sensors, electromechanical devices, digital and analog electronics
- Understanding of control algorithms and algorithm design practices.
- Excellent technical writing and documentation skills
As a member of the ZTR team you will be developing skills while providing solutions to real world problems. ZTR Control Systems provides a dynamic and friendly work environment with exciting opportunities to reach your full potential both as an individual and as part of a high performance team.
If you are interested in this position, please apply on our website:
ZTR Control Systems provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Candidates requiring accommodations during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- London, ON (Preferred)