Position: Media Sales Consultant
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: Group Manager, Media Sales
Location: Stratford, ON
Division: Postmedia Advertising Sales
Postmedia is a Canadian newsmedia company representing more than 125 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
The Postmedia Stratford Advertising Department is looking for a Media Sales Consultant. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and bringing in new business by leveraging our suite of print and digital solutions, including Stratford Beacon Herald, SEM, SEO, social advertising, social media management, website development, etc. There is fantastic earning potential for a driven person whose consultative approach adds real value to clients’ marketing needs. Perks include a cell phone, laptop, mileage and a sales support team helping you execute your clients’ campaigns.
What you’ll do:
- Build the sales pipeline by creating new business partnerships through cold calling, inbound marketing, social networking and unique lead generation techniques
- Schedule and attend sales appointments with business owners to identify their marketing challenges and complete a thorough needs assessment
- Work with our integrated media strategist team to build and then present a compelling, audience-based, print and digital marketing strategy
- Coordinate with various fulfillment teams, oversee campaigns from start to finish and schedule 30, 60 and 90-day touch points with clients to demonstrate ROI
- Meet sales targets by generating and closing new business opportunities, upselling existing clients and providing excellent service
Who you are:
You are a resourceful and strategic sales consultant who thrives in the challenge of increasing sales targets. You are productive and relentless at cold calling and generating leads (and you know that consistent activity ensures success). You’re a world-class networker who loves to meet new people, learn about their goals and help them achieve success. You are able to quickly identify a business’ key needs and opportunities, and persuasively present solutions. At the end of the day, your clients trust you because you treat their media advertising campaign as if it were for your very own business.
Required Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Experience generating new business (e.g. cold calling, prospecting, etc.)
- A proven track record in achieving sales revenue targets
- Experience with in-person, consultative B2B sales or account management
- An ability to learn and adapt in fast moving environment
- A driver’s license, use of a vehicle and valid vehicle insurance
Nice to Have:
- Deep knowledge of or experience with advertising, media sales and/or digital marketing
- Training or experience in a consultative selling methodology (e.g. SPIN, Solution Selling, Miller Heiman, etc.)
Should you be interested in this opportunity please apply with a cover letter and resume in one document.
Application Deadline: January 26, 2021
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Application Deadline: 2021-01-26
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent