The Client OnBoarding Specialist will perform Know-Your-Client (KYC) processes of potential clients and will also participate in onboarding efforts and projects to clean up data and documentation and coordinate with other areas as needed (Compliance, Sales, and Client Service). The role is responsible for ascertaining that all KYC and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies are adhered to and will be responsible for conducting reviews of client's KYC documentation stored in internal repositories and publicly available information, performing the necessary screening against relevant search engines and sanction lists and communicate any additional deficiencies back to the business.
Skills & Experience:
- Liaise with Front Office on client on-boarding / sales for required documents and sign-off
- Timely review of client's KYC documentation in accordance with the firms AML/KYC policies and procedures
- Validate accuracy of data in KYC platforms and ensure completeness of document package
- Validate all documentation uploaded into the KYC tool
- Complete onboarding efforts and projects to clean up data and documentation and coordinate with other areas as needed (Compliance, Sales, Client Services)
- Individual must be detail oriented and self-directing
- deal candidate would be a quick learner, highly motivated and have a 'can do' attitude.
- Adaptable, flexible and willing to work in a dynamic environment
- Comfortable working as a team and able to lead a team to deliver results
- Strong working experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of KYC experience, preferably in Corporate Investment Banking
- Strong working knowledge of KYC / AML rules and regulations
- Experienced in client Due Diligence, risk assessment and vetting of negative news.
- Excellent technical, analytical and research skills.
- Working knowledge of screening and research tools such as World-Check, OFAC, LexisNexis and Factiva.
- Multi language capability and written and spoken Mandarin is an added advantageJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.