We are the Canadian leader in telescopic forklifts and are experiencing significant Canadian expansion. Working at Manulift means joining a team of enthusiasts and seeing that your daily actions have a direct impact on the success of the company. We are known for delivering innovative solutions that maximize the productivity and profitability of Canadian businesses.
Reporting to the Service Director, the Field foreman will be responsible for planning and scheduling our road services, preparing all quotes, following up on work orders and making sure his team meets the repair deadlines. He will ensure a positive and proactive atmosphere and will work closely with the service department.
- Respond to incoming service calls and evaluate priorities;
- Lead, supervise and schedule meetings with the task force (daily, weekly and monthly);
- Provide a high quality technical support to the team and clients;
- Resolve, on the phone, to problems that can be handled remotely;
- Plan and supervise the call dispatch according to its order of priority;
- Optimise the road services procedure;
- Maintain a high satisfaction rate by regular visits and phone calls to clients;
- Prepare, present and negotiate the quotations beforehand;
- Keep track of the work order until final invoicing;
- Participate in the recruitment process, help integrate and evaluate new members of the team;
- Build a positive workplace and ensure the retention of the team;
- Be proactive in achieving the company’s targets;
- Maintain and refurbish the vehicle fleet, tools and stock;
- Establish a safe and healthy work environment according to Health and safety regulations.
Experience & desired skills:
- Strong skills in heavy equipment mechanic (telehandlers, lifts, etc.) and advanced knowledge in hydraulics, electrical and electronics;
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a heavy duty mechanic position, including 3 years of experience in road service;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory role;
- Familiar with ERP system;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Good work ethic, meticulous and motivated;
- Team player, positive attitude and proactive personality;
- Excellent organizational and multi-task skills
- A stimulating work environment with a motivated team;
- A group insurance plan;
- A pension plan with generous employer contribution;
- Vacation and personal days;
- Job stability throughout the year;
- 24/7 virtual medical service (EQ Care);
- Employee assistance program;
- Corporate clothing (winter coat, jacket, shirts, etc.);
- Work equipment (for eligible positions only);
- Generous referral bonus (between $ 1,500 and $ 5,000 depending on the position);
- Free parking;
- Membership credit for a gym or a physical activity;
- Other benefits available depending on the position held.
*Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
*In this document, the masculine gender is used solely for stylistic purposes.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- heavy-duty mechanic: 6 years (Required)
- road service: 3 years (Required)
- supervisory role: 2 years (Required)
- French and English (Required)