Business Development Representative, Location: Abbotsford, BC
We're Growing - Join Us!
At SpeedLine, you’ll work with experienced, dedicated, fun people to create and support our innovative point of sale (POS) software products that help restaurant operators and chain executives across North America succeed. We're growing quickly and looking for talented people to join us in providing current and next generation POS solutions (built on the latest cloud technologies) that restaurant companies use to deliver millions of pizzas every week.
- Extended health, dental, vision care, as well as travel and life insurance.
- Annual salary and performance reviews, with regular one-on-one coaching sessions.
- Career development, comprehensive training, and tuition reimbursement.
- Ongoing refresher training and associate programs, to support your professional growth, career path, and long-term success.
- Company support for employee wellness, fun, and giving back through Health & Wellness, Green, and Giving committee events and initiatives.
- Regular onsite and offsite staff social events throughout the year hosted by our Social Committee.
- Comfortable, business casual dress.
- Customize your work space.
- Employee and peer formal recognition programs.
- Monthly staff breakfast or lunch events.
- An experienced team of 80+ employees averaging 6+ years SpeedLine employment experience.
- End of year holiday party with dinner and prizes.
- Free parking.
- Free employee Wi-Fi.
- Games Room with ping pong, darts, Foosball, and rod-hockey, including tournaments.
- Multiple kitchenettes convenient to each department.
- Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate
- Spacious main lunch room with fully functioning kitchen (don’t just bring your lunch, make it fresh) and a balcony to enjoy your coffee or lunch outdoors.
- Comfy, relaxing lounge with a big screen TV.
- Nearby shopping and restaurants.
The primary responsibility of the Business Development Representative (BDR) is to help expand the company’s customer base by helping to fill the pipeline for the sales team. The BDR is the first point of contact for new business prospects and engages existing customers in additional service opportunities. The BDR will create outreach strategies for new lead generation methods, maintain ongoing communication and collaboration with the sales team, hand-off leads to the appropriate team member as demos are booked, and participate in team strategy meetings.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Provide a warm transfer to or schedule appointments and demos for members of the sales team, once the lead is ready to engage.
- Generate new leads through the creation of outreach strategies, including conducting market research and engaging customers to expand awareness, educate, and request referrals.
- Follow-up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities, providing appropriate levels of information for interested prospects.
- Nurture new marketing leads by educating and developing prospects until they are ready to be introduced to or booked in for a demo with a member of the sales team.
- Support, communicate, and collaborate with the sales team on outbound strategies and lead generating efforts, including contributing to lead generation strategies and ideas during team meetings.
- Ensure successful follow-through of the sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application.
- Research generated leads and prepare executive summaries for sales team members ahead of their calls.
- Promote and market SpeedLine business through extensive and persistent cold calling and email communications to prospective clients.
Skills We Require:
- High school graduate (Grade 12 or equivalent).
- College or University education in business administration, sales, or marketing will be given preference.
- Minimum of 1-year of previous experience in sales, marketing or telemarketing.
- Previous experience scheduling appointments, demos and introducing leads to the sales rep.
- A detail oriented, self-motivated, tenacious and confident individual who possesses strong communication skills including written, verbal, presentation, active listening, and communication utilizing social media.
- Demonstrate a proven track record for articulating a product/service and building rapport with prospects and customers, presenting a positive attitude and having the ability to cope with rejection.
- Have the ability to pinpoint customer pain points, and accurately assess the transactional value for both the company and the customer.
- Aptitude to manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving set goals as assigned.
Who We Are:
We are a leading tech employer in the Fraser Valley since 1990, and a Top 100 Tech Company in British Columbia, that prides itself in ensuring a work/life balance and personal growth for all of our employees.
The world market for pizza is $128 billion each year. Restaurant delivery is growing consistently in pizza, and explosively in the restaurant industry as a whole. That's great news at SpeedLine, where our local team develops, markets, and supports the leading point of sale solution for this large, technology-hungry industry. We have delivered software solutions to thousands of pizza, quick service, and multi-concept restaurants and chains.
- We deliver products and service that make our customers more successful. That’s our mission, and we work hard to achieve it.
- We work full, busy days, but outrageous long hours are not in our DNA. We believe in work/life balance, and we live it.
- Easy freeway access means our head office is an easy commute from anywhere in the Fraser Valley. It’s a lot easier to have a life when you don’t spend all your time in the car.
- Our counterparts at our US subsidiary spend much of their time on site at customers’ restaurant locations and offices—but they work from a home base only minutes away from our headquarters.
- A great product and reputation attracts strong talent. All of that adds up to an attractive place to work—and an experienced and tenured team.
Clearly outlining your relevant experience, please include, using PDF format only, your resume and cover letter with the subject line "Business Development Representative - Your Name".
No telephone inquiries please. Must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
To obtain more information and view our “Working at SpeedLine” video, visit our website at www.speedlinesolutions.com/careers.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $37,000.00-$40,000.00 per year
SpeedLine Solutions cares about the health and wellness of our current and potential employees. We have taken all of the necessary steps to ensure that our workplace is clean and sanitized and have all policies in place to help our team remain safe.
- Cold Calling for B2B: 1 year (Preferred)
- Scheduling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)