The Flooring Associate is responsible for greeting and working with customers by determining their needs and asking questions to help them select the right product. This position will reach business targets using excellent sales and communication skills. Other duties include maintaining a thorough up to date knowledge of company products. This individual will also develop his or her revenue generation through the creation of sales leads, initiation of prospect calls, and establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers. Integrity, vision, and passion are essential for this role.
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service.
- Work with customers to determine their requirements and work out their plan measurements.
- Answer questions and offer suggestions to customers based on a thorough knowledge of the specific product line.
- Offer additional add on products/services to customers related to the sale.
- Maintain and expand the company's database of customers.
- Overcome objections of prospective customers.
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss and prepare sales invoice.
- Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the corporate database.
- Create sales leads and initiate of prospect calls.
- Achieve monthly and annual sales goals.
- Establish ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers.
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer service issues..
- Aid in getting orders ready for customers (when applicable).
- Maintain code of ethics, integrity and honesty
- Load customers orders.
- Opening and closing procedures.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of two years experience in retail flooring or the building industry an advantage.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to make excellent sales to achieve performance in alignment with goals and objectives.
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Motivated and creative team player.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written.
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google.
- Computer literacy
- Drive a forklift
- Full time, 6 days per week. (Monday - Saturday).
- Lifting or moving up to 85 pounds of product.
Job Type: Full-time
- customer service: 2 years (Required)
- English (Required)