Our Longueuil offices will be moving near Jean-Talon metro station/ Train Station Parc as of March 2020.
This position is to handle and resolve merchant escalations for customer service and technical support issues, in all regions serviced by Global Payments and to provide second level assistance to Contact Center Representatives regarding customer complaints.
- Effectively handle all service requests received in the team escalation box or personal email box.
- Provide second level technical support daily to Customer Service or Terminal Support Representatives.
- Assist as a SME in the New Hire training during Live Call Modules.
- Communicate troubleshooting and device software updates to the appropriate parties on a timely basis.
- Provide assistance to the Product team with defect tracking, script testing and other functions as needed.
- Actively review and advise of changes or updates needed to technical resources.
- Identify and resolve all escalated customer issues.
- Consistently maintains professional telephone étiquette.
- Educate merchants on policies, procedures, and products.
- Accurately document customer conversations in appropriate systems.
- Use all available systems and resources to review and interpret merchant data.
- Escalate all department and system issues timely to management.
- Provides backup call center phone support as needed
- Successfully complete additional skills training as required/requested
Demonstrate Sound Judgement
- Probes and looks for possible resolution for merchants’ issues
- Involves team members and other support groups for input before making decisions
- Makes clear and timely decisions that are within SLAs
- Ability to follow defined procedures and deal with different and specialized situations
- Ability to follow and carry out instructions in a step by step and logical manner
- Ability to work independently and make quick and accurate decisions
- Puts in extra effort and time to be able to deal with challenging and difficult tasks
- Appropriate actions are executed in a timely manner
- Sets high performance goals and drives accountability from others
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on own initiative/Self-motivated
- Produce high level output with accuracy
- Ability to learn new functions or applications
- Flexible and willing to adapt to change
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
Focus on Customer First
- Has a clear understanding of internal and external customer’s needs and uses this to improve customer satisfaction
- Handle escalations appropriately so it would not result to a formal complaint
- Is able to set proper expectations with customer and provide value on agreed upon commitments
Build Positive Relationships
- Works with other groups as well as with merchants in a manner that is respectful regardless of organizational level, personality or background
- Collaborates by identifying common purpose and priorities
- Possesses good interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact positively, courteously and professionally with customers, employees and merchants
- Excellent oral and written communications skill
- Is able to convey in a clear and precise manner all information needed to resolve a customer’s concern Prepares necessary documentation needed to resolve an issue
- Is able to maintain a respectable demeanor when interacting with others
- Knowledgeable of modern business communication
- Able to work with a variety of PC based applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent understanding of Credit Card Operations
WHY WORK AT GLOBAL PAYMENTS?
In order to attract and retain the best people we offer a comprehensive set of rewards which are fair and market oriented. Our definition of reward includes not only compensation but our investment in your career growth and development.
Rewards & benefits Our benefit program includes items such as: - Health (medical, dental, vision), Short-Term and Long-Term disability coverage, and life insurance plans - Retirement savings programs (Registered Pension Plan and Registered Retirement Savings Plan) – Employee Stock Purchase Program - Employee Assistance Program - Flexible working - Tuition Reimbursement Program - Gym Membership corporate rates - Volunteering opportunities ... and more!
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Disability insurance
- Vision care
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Company pension
- Vacation & paid time off
- Stock options
- Work from home opportunities
- Employee assistance programs
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Flexible working hours
- Education reimbursement
- Parental leave
- Subsidised gym membership
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- English (Required)
- French (Required)