Coral Beach Farms is Canada's largest fully integrated cherry grower and exporter supplying customers all over the world with top-quality fruit. We supply fruit to large Canadian and US customers such as Walmart and export to Asia, the Middle East and Europe.
Superb quality is at the heart of our global success. Nature gives us a leading edge as British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley has a perfect moderate climate for growing large, flavourful, sweet cherries.
We diligently nurture our orchards to further enhance our geographical advantage. Our cherry orchards are managed to achieve optimum yields of highly sugared, firm fleshed cherries, with a strong shelf life. Further, our northerly latitude puts us in a unique market window after the bulk of the US harvest is complete.
Under the direction of the Crew Manager the Team Leader leads our cherry picking teams in the field to ensure safe and efficient cherry picking.
- Manages cherry picking teams of 20+ pickers to ensure safe and efficient cherry picking and safe tree line movement, as well as manage the tractor operators to pick up cherries and transport to the processing plant.
- Organize and direct the crop harvesting activities of their team.
- Maintaining our quality driven processes
- Take part in Health and Safety training
- Maintain daily production and quality records
- Attend daily morning meetings and debrief your team
- Hold safety toolbox crew talks in the morning
- Establish and maintain safety goals with farm personnel (conduct Incident Investigations, maintain and enforce covid protocols with your team).
- Previous experience in cherry production is an asset
- 1+ years of management/supervisory experience required.
- Strong communications skills
- Good attention to detail and accurate reporting
- Must be a flexible team player who works well in a busy and demanding environment
- Able to work for extended periods of time in a focused, safe and professional manner
- Fluent in English (second language an asset).
Our working environment is extremely demanding over a short time period. Applicants should be aware that:
- This is a farming environment and days off may be limited during our picking season
- Working is conducted outside, it is advisable to dress in layered clothing
- Work hours are not calendar based, but are dependent on crop maturity and weather
- Work hours are generally 60+ hours per week and can be longer
- Successful candidates begin work at 4:30am and end work mid afternoon
- Overtime provisions do not apply to this position
- Applicants must be available from late June until early to early September