TENAQUIP is a 100% Canadian company named one of "Canada's Best Managed Companies" 13 consecutive years. As a national leader in the Canadian industrial marketplace, TENAQUIP takes on the challenge of transforming the way people and organizations tackle their procurement processes by helping them achieve efficiencies, savings and gain better control over their total spend.
We’re committed to extending the same unmatched support to every employee. At TENAQUIP, you are empowered with the ability to influence the outcome, no matter what your job. You will help shape our future growth, not just follow it from the sidelines.
The Collection Agent acts with a high level of diplomacy and professionalism towards TENAQUIP’s customers in order to maximize payment towards the balance of their outstanding account.
- Conduct collections calls for all past due accounts;
- Contact past due customers by phone, request payment & negotiate appropriate payment arrangements, within authorized limits;
- Send correspondence to delinquent/collection customers;
- Use defined procedures to arrange and coordinate firm payment arrangements within established risk policy for our collection customers; Assess and mitigate risk by referring accounts for further action;
- Document call activity details to reflect action taken;
- Apply tact, diplomacy and resourcefulness; handle objections and excuses, and apply soft calling techniques, where appropriate, to effectively manage and control situations;
- Maintain and submit reports for review by management.
- Experience in collections / accounts receivables is mandatory;
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Fluency in English and French is essential;
- Must be diplomatic and have lots of patience
Job Type: Full-time